cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue Cash Everyday

Highlighted
New Visitor

Amex Blue Cash Everyday

I was approved for the Amex Blue Cash card with CL $4,000 around two months ago. Nothing showed up on my credit report (I checked Credit Karma and my Fico score through the Discover card site) for the first month, and then around 2 weeks ago a hard inquiry showed up on my Fico score on the discover card site. Neither site has changed my number of accounts open or has increased my total credit limit. Has anyone else ever had this before? How can I get my Amex card to show up on my credit report?

For reference, I've only used the card once so far right when I got it I put a $1,500 charge on and paid back the same day and have already received my cash bonus of $150 from Amex. 

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Valued Member

Re: Amex Blue Cash Everyday

@finance24 wrote:

I was approved for the Amex Blue Cash card with CL $4,000 around two months ago. Nothing showed up on my credit report (I checked Credit Karma and my Fico score through the Discover card site) for the first month, and then around 2 weeks ago a hard inquiry showed up on my Fico score on the discover card site. Neither site has changed my number of accounts open or has increased my total credit limit. Has anyone else ever had this before? How can I get my Amex card to show up on my credit report?

For reference, I've only used the card once so far right when I got it I put a $1,500 charge on and paid back the same day and have already received my cash bonus of $150 from Amex. 

If I remember correctly, mine showed up around the time that my second statement cut.

Starting Scores: EQ - 624/TU - 627/EX - 645 (2/10/17)
Current Scores: EQ - 723/TU - 728/EX - 736 (5/8/18)
Goal Scores: 725 on all
Message 2 of 14
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Second statement cut is the usual from Amex.
In the wallet:
Amex PRG ~ Amex BCE ~ Discover ~ NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature ~ NFCU Platinum Visa ~ NFCU Line of Credit ~ Chase Amazon Prime Visa Signature ~ PenFed Cash Rewards Visa ~ PenFed Promise Visa ~ Fairwinds Credit Union Cash Rewards Visa ~ CapOne QS1 ~ Lowes Store Card

Closed on mortgage 8/9/17!! Woot!
Message 3 of 14
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Mine recently took about 5 days after second statement. They are slow to initially report.

TU 756 EX 730 EQ 775
Message 4 of 14
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Yes, very slow to report, but are very consistent after that. Always reports 3 days after statement cuts
State Farm Rewards (3,000) ~ Marvel MC (8,000) ~ PenFed Power Cash (10,000) ~ PenFed Promise (1,000) ~ PenFed OLOC (500) ~ Discover ($1,100) ~ Citi DC (2,200) ~ NFCU cashRewards (6,200) ~ NFCU Platinum (2,700) ~ NFCU CLOC (15,000) ~ Venture (10,300) ~ DCU Visa (5,000) ~ Chase Freedom (3,000) ~ Amex Hilton Honors (5,000) ~ Amex SPG (1,000) ~ Amex BCE (1,000) ~ Care Credit (15,000)
Current Scores (6/6/18): 697 Transunion, 659 Equifax, 674 Experian
Message 5 of 14
Highlighted
New Contributor

That's incredible finance24!!! Congrats on your Amex Blue Cash Everday Approval!!  Always remember that Credit Karma, and most of these other Credit Reporting Sites are 3rd party sites, so they are almost always reporting everything 30 days behind the real 3 Major Reporting Agencies, EQ, TU, & EX. They don't  operate on real time, so for the most part they will always have a delay with reporting the updated data and accounts on your Credit Reports!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@Samster12 wrote:

Mine recently took about 5 days after second statement. They are slow to initially report.

Very handy if you want to app for something else before they see your new account, not so handy if you want that CL to add to your available credit/lower utilization. I got my BCE in late April, and I'm in the first category. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 14
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval for the card. 

Fell of the wagon -- Gardening starting again 2/25/18- ???
Message 8 of 14
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congrats, awesome job and great card to have.

Message 9 of 14
Highlighted
Established Contributor

That's awesome.

EQ 669, TU 679, EX 679. Navy Signature Go Rewards 15K, Navy Signature Cash Rewards 16K, Navy AX Rewards 14.4K, Navy CLOC 15K, Navy Mortgage 120K, Navy ATV Loan 14,990K, FLCU Auto 48.7K, FLCU Visa 7.5K, FLCU Visa 1K, AFCU 5K, AFCU Line of Credit 4K, John Deere 15K, Suncoast TB Rays Cash Rewards 6K, Cap1 QS 5K, USAA Rate Advantage 5K, USAA AX Card 9K, State Farm Rewards 2.5K, Paypal Credit 2.8K, Cabela's 2K, Chevron & Texaco Visa 6K, BMO Harris Bank 1.5K, BOA Bass Pro 1.5K, 5/3 Stand up to cancer 4.5K, 5/3 Truly Simple 4K, 5/3 Trio 4K, Amazon Store Card 5K, Lowes 17K, TBFCU 5K, BBT Spectrum 4.5K, BBT Bright 3.5K, BBT Bright 4.5K, Banco Do Brasil Americas 4.2K, Kays Jewerly 2K, AX Green Charge, AX Delta Gold 1K, Morgan Auto Group 1.6K, Kohls 700.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.