Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Bonvoy Brilliant Approved

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant Approved

@pizza1 wrote:

@Revelate , YAY!!! 30K?? Dang!! Not too shabbySmiley Happy  Awesome approval, congrats to you!!! Smiley Happy

Thanks my friend!

One way or the other I'm making a CIP application in the semi-near future too... little amused at my change in credit behavior (since I used to just roll my eyes at SUB chasing) but F it, they're there for now and might not be in another year, might as well take advantage of them hah.

I am amused at a 30K CL that doesn't report anywhere consumer land and apparently didn't even require a HP.  That just sounds goofy Smiley Happy.

I'm guessing if I applied with an EIN for the same card there would've been a HP for PG purposes.

        
Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and monster SL !!!!!

Message 12 of 34
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Well, decided while the business was still in flux and in that I don't really care that much about inquiries if one lands on Experian anyway, decided to just up and apply under SP since I can meet the SUB easily on money I have to spend anyway, and I'm going to be travelling more regardless and with the SF law changes suddenly some Marriot properties are pencilling out awfully close to Airbnb rates there.

Add that to the additional cash flow I will have in April where I have a 3rd gig for a month, and suddenly optimizing the travel time between job site and hotel suddenly has monetary value and BART / MUNI just aren't great for trying to get work done with spotty connectivity so trying to save even 50 or 100 bucks a night isn't worth it if I lose an hour or two of billable time or sleep.

When I looked at the difference in AF's between either $150 if you use Marriot at all, and $125 for the base card (post 3/28 $95 AF) it was basically a no brainer going for the upscale one.

Long story short, pulled the trigger on the splash page, used my account login (Stated Pre-approved), filled out the financials and hit submit and had to laugh at the limit.

30K  CL = LOL.

Ah well, for something that doesn't report to anything relevant my second highest SL ever doesn't do much for me Smiley Happy

Random stats:

Personal Current EX FICO 8 = 827.

First Amex was the Zync back in 2012.

First SP business tradeline 2014, but I haven't done much with business credit building besides the CIC and SCP and one Uline tradeline.

Still have Zync, BCE, and SCP on the self-prop side, average monthly spend maybe $25 which is to say not much even if $20 is routine on autopay.

Used personal income from the first gig only, did put in my Bonvoy number, an inquiry doesn't appear to have shown up yet on Experian but that doesn't mean too much this early... also doesn't show up yet in my Amex interface though they did cough up the temporary number when I asked for it.

Anyway I'm still giggling about it Smiley Happy.

Congratulations on the approval and limit.

Just curious why you opted for the Brilliant card rather than the Business card?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 13 of 34
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

125 vs 150 (after travel credit) is trivial. I applied after 3/28 though the 95 AF wouldn’t have swayed me either.

Only thing I lose is 1% on restaurants and it wasn’t going to get that spend anyway. On the flip side I get a higher status and a better reward night which will make up the 25 anyway.

It was basically cost neutral with some added benefits in my case.

        
Message 14 of 34
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Revelate wrote:
125 vs 150 (after travel credit) is trivial. I applied after 3/28 though the 95 AF wouldn’t have swayed me either.

Only thing I lose is 1% on restaurants and it wasn’t going to get that spend anyway. On the flip side I get a higher status and a better reward night which will make up the 25 anyway.

It was basically cost neutral with some added benefits in my case.

But since it was for business, wouldn't you want a business card?

Message 15 of 34
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

It is a business card: Chase has the personal one: Bonvoy Boundless I think it is?

        
Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:
It is a business card: Chase has the personal one: Bonvoy Boundless I think it is?

The Bonvoy Brilliant (formerly SPG Luxury) is a personal card. AMEX kept the Bonvoy business and consumer premium portfolios.

Message 17 of 34
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

I don't think so. I think the Brilliant is a personal card.

Well, look at the bright side:

1. You can earn those splendid benefits on personal travel without screwing up your bookkeeping.

2. You can flash your big credit limit in your personal credit arena and get all that extra utilization room.

Message 18 of 34
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

SOB it is a personal card, oh well haha that was not what I intended.

Sloppy. Guess I do get a 30k tradeline tacked onto my report whoopsie.

        
Message 19 of 34
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Approval and the LEGENDARY SL!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.