cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI...Cap One 7-10...Discover approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex CLI...Cap One 7-10...Discover approval!

Today has been a day of hit and misses. When i was paying my Amex bill I decided to see if enough time had passed on my Blue Cash since they last denied me for an increase 😡. It had been so the Amex Chat representative took my request. I was still at the original SL of 1K so I asked to raise it $2,500(I barely use this card). He comes back and says they’ve approved a partial increase to $2,000 instead. I’ll take it...small victory.

Then I thought well let’s see who else will give me a soft pull increase today 🤔. My kohl’s card has been collecting dust so I push the love button on it and increase from $1,500 to $2,500. Feeling the love today.

How about you capital one? Wanna get in on all this love? 7-10 days. Welp, can’t win them all I guess.

Last but not least, I was looking at the stack of spam pre-approved letters Discover has been sending me in the past few months that I’ve been shredding constantly. I go to their website and check to see which cards I’m pre approved for and it’s two IT cards with different 0%intro timeframes. I decide to pull the trigger after learning they check experian which is my strongest score at the moment. Approved with a $13,000 limit! I’m shocked. I’ve been putting them off for over a year.

It’s a good day. 😁
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex CLI...Cap One 7-10...Discover approval!

Grats to all your success today Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much @gdale6
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! And WTG with the CLIs. Capital One told me that I had to wait 3 months for CLIs. Come on October!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder what Cap One’s excuse will be to me this time.
Message 5 of 9
jimmy2000
New Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!!!

Message 6 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"Approved with a $13,000 limit! I’m shocked."

Congrats!!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that’s a great month for anyone, let alone one day. Congrats!
Message 8 of 9
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Wow, congratulations!!!   Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.