Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI Delta Gold (not solicited)

tag
tinabohio
Valued Member

Amex CLI Delta Gold (not solicited)

Yay for the email I got this morning! I thought I was stuck with the $1000 starting limit, from reading various things on here. Glad I got lucky! Guess my Pandora membership being autobilled on it really helped 😆

Now to get my, acquired in May, BCE limit raised (I kinda forgot I had my credit file locked when I tried for the increase, d'oh!). 

So, I guess I'm here as encouragement for those of us that just barely eek into Amex, that you can get past the starter limit.

Got this card December 31st, 2018.Got this card December 31st, 2018.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex CLI Delta Gold (not solicited)

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 2 of 19
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats!  Auto CLIs are great and with Amex shouldn't affect your ability to still get up to a 3X on the same or another card.  Depending on the limit on your BCE, it might possibly be worth instead asking for a CLI on this card and then moving some of that limit to your BCE.  (You can move limits around once every 30 days.)

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome! Congrats. 
I rarely get auto increases....but it's probably bc I'm impatient and request before they can offer it 😂

Message 4 of 19
grower1
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! 

Also, I'm able to get AMEX CLIs with locked/frozen credit reports, but YMMV.

Message 5 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on yer Amex AutoHeart

Message 6 of 19
CivalV
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your increase!! 

Message 7 of 19
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I've never received a letter or email about my CLI requests. Just says unable to approve. Could it be because my reports are on ice?

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brian, it shouldn’t be - your established relationships with Amex allows them to SP you regardless.
Message 9 of 19
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I've never received a letter or email about my CLI requests. Just says unable to approve. Could it be because my reports are on ice?

That's interesting.  In the cases where I have not been approved (too soon or submitted 4506-T drama), I have always received a letter.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.