Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI at 90 days strange result

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex CLI at 90 days strange result

You gotta love Amex. I had been trying to get in with them for almost a decade. Always denied. Went through a nasty divorce back in 2011 and had to file BK. I figured I'd never get in with them.

Back in March, for the heck of it, I checked the pre-qual. Nothing there, but decided to apply anyway. Instant approval on the Delta Gold. Shocked was an understatment. Happy was an understatement. So I tried for the green as well, and was denied. No biggie.

Last week was 90 with the Gold and decided to try the CLI at 90. Tried it online and was told I needed to call in. I figured I really don't wanna rock the boat with them, so I let it be. Well, curiosity got the better of me and decided to see if any pre-quals showed up. Sure enough, I had a prequal for the Blue Cash Preferred. Pulled the trigger and instant approval. Limit is your standard 1K welcome to the club, but I'm not complaining at all.

Looking forward to grow with them!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex CLI at 90 days strange result

Cogratulations! on your BCPSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats and welcome to myFico Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nice job, and congrats on your success!
Message 4 of 5
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Congrats.  More than likely you can do 3x CLI now on the BCP.  The computer generated amounts for approvals are standard and there is usually 3x available and if not they will counter.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.