Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI does it again 6k - 35k!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex CLI does it again 6k - 35k!!

Well well .... just hit my one year anniversary with Amex and now my 3rd cli request ... this card started with a 6k limit - went for 15k when card arrived then went for 25k countered to 20k and lastly today asked for 35k and whala granted! Thx Amex Everyday card and it's my first Amex! Score was about 690ish when applied now Im about 715ish ....
10 REPLIES 10
Berk
Established Contributor

Re: Amex CLI does it again 6k - 35k!!

Don't forget to update your siggy!

Message 2 of 11
cem13
Established Contributor

Are AMEX CLI a SP?

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 3 of 11
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

Yes amex are a SP

OP, give a timeline for your CLI, as they seem to diff than the 3x initial 60 day and every 180day after , they have going here.

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, got my card in late Oct 15 .. at 61 days requested from 6k to 15k didnt want to do full 3x request, then waited 180 days and requested 25k countered with 20k, so now in Dec 2016 my second 181 day wait was up and requested 35k and granted. .. i shy away from the actual 3x cli request and just ask for a decent amount ... my disco is at 25k now and started at 5500 and got both cards at the same time ... of course it took about 10-12 cli request with discover and only a few huge jumps with amex and its now my highest limit!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the $35k credit line!

A few questions.  One, what is your income?  Second, what is your typical monthly spend/payment pattern on your Amex card?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Income is 140k ..i don't spend much at all but i think they like the swipes. . Since you get a bonus after 20 purchases I usually try and make my starbucks or grocery runs and fast food purchases on the card ... this last month ive went up to about 2k because the holidays but rarely if ever carry a balance about a few hundred .. im still at zero 18month no interest promo too ...
Message 7 of 11
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Congrats....

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Income is 140k ..i don't spend much at all but i think they like the swipes. . Since you get a bonus after 20 purchases I usually try and make my starbucks or grocery runs and fast food purchases on the card ... this last month ive went up to about 2k because the holidays but rarely if ever carry a balance about a few hundred .. im still at zero 18month no interest promo too ...

Thanks for the data feedback.  I would think that your declared income was the deciding factor here in not getting hit with POI.  Sort of ironic how that works Smiley Happy  I'd venture to guess that if your stated income was half of what you said or less that they would have hit you with POI.  Very nice limit in a short period of time though, no doubt!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually half of my income is bonuses ... either way it can be supported with documents but my last filed agi shows about 110kish maybe .. so not sure what triggers them to request additional information - my other limits are all now creeping around the same with other creditors so that can have a part in it as well - Amex at 35k, Barclay at 15k, Lowes at 25k , Chase Fidelity Macys n Walmart all at 10k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.