Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI in less than 90 days since prior CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex CLI in less than 90 days since prior CLI

I thought you had to wait for 90 days after denial of a credit increase (which I got on my Amex Cash Magnet card on 10-26-18) or approval of a credit limit increase on a different amex card (which I ALSO got on my Amex BCE card on 10-26-18).

Today for stuff and giggles, I tried for a discover CLI and was denied...gonna chill and wait until they increase automatically since this is my 3rd denial since my last increase.  Figured since Disco said no, let's see what Amex will say.  Was shocked to get a 2X increase (maybe I should have asked for 3x) since it hasn't been a full 90 days since I last asked.  Oh well, I'm a happy camper.  This is now my highest limit card since the rebuild started...and it helps keep me in the garden, higher limits, no new tradelines. Woo hoo!

CM increase.JPG

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex CLI in less than 90 days since prior CLI

Congrats on the increase!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats on your CLI !!!

Message 3 of 10
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increase. Very interesting DP.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 10
CivalV
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

I look forward to having my first Amex. I remember finding someones Blue Cash Everyday card. It was such a pretty card and I just thought to myself one day I will have that card.. I was a kid so I knew squat about credit scores etc lol
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CivalV wrote:
Congratulations on your CLI!

I look forward to having my first Amex. I remember finding someones Blue Cash Everyday card. It was such a pretty card and I just thought to myself one day I will have that card.. I was a kid so I knew squat about credit scores etc lol

Thanks.  It'll happen before you know it! Speaking of the Blue Cash Everyday, my mom is an authorized user on mine and she recently used it to get fast food. The cashier commented that it was a "cute card." Which shocked me because I really thought nobody paid any attention to how cards look (except for folks on these forums). While I do think it is kinda cute, the writing on the back of that clear card is a pain in the rear to read!!  I think the Cash Magnet is a much more attractive card...although the hoopla on how pretty it is seems to have died down especially once that rose gold beauty came out. 

Message 6 of 10
CivalV
Established Contributor

Haha! Yes! I was seriously infatuated with the look of the card. I love the look of the cash magnet. I had a goal to get the right scores by Feb to apply for an Amex. First I need to remove a collection account. Even with the right scores it could tank my application for an Amex 😢

I am also trying to sort out what cards I will use for what. Simplify my wallet while also having great cash back rewards and at least one card for travel rewards.

My time will come with Amex 🤛🏼 Patience is key right? Haha
Message 7 of 10
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 10
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Congrats!  That's awesomeSmiley Happy

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 9 of 10
Noneed2nv
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the CLI.

Image result for fallon gif

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.