Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI to $50k w/o IV

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex CLI to $50k w/o IV

I started a similar thread to this 6 months ago, only with $45k in the title and figured I'd do another for data point purposes.  I just passed the 6 month mark and requested/received another CLI from Amex.

I'm 100% convinced that $5k/6mo is a standard for many when it comes to Amex growth through CLIs once you get passed the $35k limit mark and do not want to provide income verification.  This was my 4th $5k increase; my growth on the card (BCE) starting with the SL in June 2016 went:

$10k --> $30k --> $35k --> $40k --> $45k --> $50k

As always, I did request a couple of greater amounts ($60k --> $55k) and backed out of my browser to try a lesser value once prompted with IV language.  Instant approval at $50k.  The $5k/6mo train continues to cruise along.  I'm not sure there's any point in me trying for more in 6 months, but I probably will when that time comes.

I will say that spend in the card IMO is quite irrelevant to receiving these CLIs, meaning it doesn't have to be significant at all.  My combined spend over the previous 6 cycles prior to receiving this CLI was $1444.39, or roughly $240/mo.  That's less than 1% of the credit limit.

I always PIF my statement balance, usually my current balance and have not paid Amex a penny of interest since opening the account 26 months ago.  I did allow a balance of less than 2% of the limit to report a week ago prior to making my CLI request.

I provide this data just to show that you can grow a quite large credit limit on an Amex card with a minimal spend and without providing IV, so long as you're willing to do it at a steady/reasonable pace.

amex.jpg

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
marmaladepie
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex CLI to $50k w/o IV

That’s some helpful info and congrats!
Message 2 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BrutalBodyShots

Super Congrats on your Amex BCE CLI to $50,000!!! Smiley Very Happy

Your personal experience and your blueprint for success are simply

invaluable. You fought back the constant urge of being impatient

and relied on your persistence and consistency to work your plan.

Very well done! Smiley Very Happy

Congrats again on your success. Thanks to you, we now know

exactly how to proceed with Amex. Thanks for sharing!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Amex huge CLI!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 43
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

Ok, I am concerned with the data points needed yet nothing received....

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kevin5974Ok, I am concerned with the data points needed yet nothing received....

I'm unclear as to what you're getting at.  Do you have other data point related questions?

Message 6 of 43
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats! The interesting aspect to me is it didn't require much spend at all, and $240'ish per month is easy for anyone. Thanks for the update!

Message 7 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I’m very interested to see what happens for me on 9/7 when I pass 181d. I’ll request 3x for $54K. I’ll post the results!
Message 8 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on hitting the 50K CLI with AMEX. Here's to more in the future. Cheers! 

Message 9 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that blows the $30k I just got out of the water. Hope to get up there soon!

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.