Not applicable

Re: Amex CLI to $50k w/o IV

So awesome BBS - congrats!

Message 21 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent info @BrutalBodyShots!

I went up from 25k to 34.5k in Feb, and its about time I request a CLI.

Although, I was thinking of getting added as an AU on DW's card first so as to increase my total exposure and bypass the potential 35k FR. What do you think?

Message 22 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousExcellent info @BrutalBodyShots!

I went up from 25k to 34.5k in Feb, and its about time I request a CLI.

Although, I was thinking of getting added as an AU on DW's card first so as to increase my total exposure and bypass the potential 35k FR. What do you think?

I would try both ways.  First, go with your own attempt at (say) $40k and see what happens.  If you at $35k still get a prompt for IV, just back out and then you can consider the AU option.  I'm personally not a fan of AU accounts outside of inflating age of accounts factors, but I would make an exception if it would allow you to get around this issue.  If after adding the AU account you see the same results when requesting a CLI, you could just bail on the AU account.

Message 23 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a plan. Let me loop back later and update my findings.
Message 24 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats BrutalBodyshots! That's an amazing achievement. The sound is very doable, too.
If you don't mind, what are the dates points for income and score (s)? Thanks!
Message 25 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Income has been in the 80k-90k range throughout the duration of my stay with Amex.

My EX FICO score at the time of approval was 732 and for my first (3X) CLI it was around the same... 64 days after approval.

My EX FICO score since that time has been 820+. For my second to last CLI it was 845 and for my last one it was 847.
Message 26 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. That's very helpful & encouraging.
Message 27 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd also like to state that I don't believe an 847 score is any "better" than a 750+ or so for the purposes of this thread/discussion.  I'm quite confident that if my EX score stayed steady at 750 that I would have achieved the same exact growth referenced in my original post.  I've been in contact with other members of this forum that have grown their Amex card exactly the same way I have with their scores around 80-100 points lower than mine.  I just feel this is worth mentioning, as I don't want anyone to see a score of 847 and get discouraged, thinking that's somehow necessary for the $5k/6mo growth I've experienced.  It definitely isn't.

Message 28 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll keep that in mind as I use the card. Imo it can be difficult to tell what they might be looking for without the helpful tips people provide here. Thank you!
Message 29 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing!! I loved all information you shared, BBS! Thankyou for the encouragement!!!

Big time Congrats to you!!!
Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.