Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Cash Magnet 15K SL approval, Previously Blacklisted

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Cash Magnet 15K SL approval, Previously Blacklisted

So the bk was still on your reports when you applied?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes my BK still shows on the reports.

Message 12 of 21
Gifty16
Established Member

My brother was on Amex blacklist.

I tried to add him as an AU, but he was declined on my Amex personal cards, and approved on my Amex business cards.

I will pass this info to him  since his score is now in the 700s, and the incident was more than 7 years ago.

Thanks for the info and congratulations!!

Starting Score: 10/21/2016 Score 8: EQ 663 TU 670 EX 670
Current Score: 9/20/2018 Score 8: EQ 759 TU 764 EX 768
Current Score: 9/20/2018 Score 9: EQ 762 TU 803 EX 797
Mortgage Score: 9/20/2018: EQ 715 TU 737 EX 757

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Great sl you got there. Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS!!!

Glad you're back in with Amex.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats - very nice!

Message 16 of 21
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

Congrats......... you're backkkkk.

Message 17 of 21
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Congrats on that massive Amex BL graduation and approval! Awesome SL too!
By the way I’m assuming Amex CO’d your acct prior to your BK. Was it sometime in 2008 if you could still remember?
I’m trying to put pieces together as the prevailing DP of the Minimum 10 YR BL if Amex burned for $5K or less.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JR_TX wrote:
By the way I’m assuming Amex CO’d your acct prior to your BK. Was it sometime in 2008 if you could still remember?
I’m trying to put pieces together as the prevailing DP of the Minimum 10 YR BL if Amex burned for $5K or less.

Why yes it was CO'd in 2008 and it was for sum of around 5-6k if i recall.   i was honestly shocked that they approved me for another card so soon.  i've read many posts saying they've been waiting 20+ years and still not able to get back in with Amex.  

Message 19 of 21
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JR_TX wrote:

Why yes it was CO'd in 2008 and it was for sum of around 5-6k if i recall.   i was honestly shocked that they approved me for another card so soon.  i've read many posts saying they've been waiting 20+ years and still not able to get back in with Amex.  

Hey thanks for that info! 

I’ve actually done a lot of Amex BL reading for years now and one DP that stands out on all those that got back in with them on or just about past the 10 Yr mark is that they only burned Amex for around $5K or less (Didn’t pay back a penny). 

Amex also CO’d my acct in 2008 and I IIB’d them in 2011. Not expecting to get back in with them in this life as I burned them quite heavily!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.