Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Cash Magnet 15k

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Cash Magnet 15k

Didn't need another card and wasn't looking to get another, but frankly this is a cool looking card 😀. Checked on it a few times and got the "expand your membership...". Received a targeted email (with RSVP) for PRG for 50k points. Not really interested in it since I don't travel much and the card itself doesn't really fit my spend. Decided to check on the Magnet again and was pre-approved. Had to answer one verification question and was immediately approved for 15k.

A few data points. Amex shows score at 779 with one other Amex card, BCE 6 months old and received $500 "steps" last week, which only brings it up to $1700. I'm at lol/24.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Cash Magnet 15k

Congrats from another LOL/24 member!  Nice SL.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Now you're making me want to app. So much for gardening.
Message 3 of 8
LandoCredrissian
New Contributor

Awesome! Definitely among the best looking cards out there IMO.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

How does a current AmEx account holder check for pre-quals? When I put my info in it recognizes me as a member and asks me to sign in. I do and it just takes me to the generic CC page.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

How does a current AmEx account holder check for pre-quals? When I put my info in it recognizes me as a member and asks me to sign in. I do and it just takes me to the generic CC page.

The long way: From your login screen (after logging in), click on My Account >>>Account Home>>>Menu>>>Cards>>>Check for Prequalified Credit Offers>>>Click to apply>>>See below. 

The short way: Log in.  Click "Apply Now" on any card you're interested in.  If after clicking you see something along the lines of "You Are Pre-Approved," and it only asks for income and then gives you an "Agree & Submit," it's a preapproval. 

If you see something along the lines of "Expanding Your Membership With Us is Easy...," you're not currently preapproved.

Lately, most applications while logged in and already being a member are SPs.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval and very nice SL

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and a great SL. For sure it is one of the best looking cards out there. Got approved myself a few days ago, still waiting for the card to come.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.