Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Cash Magnet Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Cash Magnet Approval

I have been trying to build my up my credit card stash since the beginning of the year. I started with 3 credit cards from Capital One (secure, platinum, and quicksilver) from 2015. I wanted to establish relationships with different companies so that if I ever needed to apply for anything through them I’d have a foot In the door and a history. So I got 2 cards from Chase (freedom, sapphire preferred), a discover it card, a Citi double cash, and 2 Amex (blue cash, and delta blue). American Express is by far the best experience so far. When I apply for a new card it’s a soft pull so I don’t get those hard inquiries on my report. I decided to apply for the Cash magnet because my husband had one and the limits are pretty generous. I applied and got approved for SL of $6,000. Now that I’ve expanded my cards by over all credit limit has gone from $1,750 to $29,000 in about 10months. My utilization has gone from about 43% to maybe 8%. I don’t have any collections and my debt to income is about 16%. Now I won’t need to apply for the next 12 months since my over all limit is more then I’ll need.
SCORES:
TransUnion 687
Equifax. 705
Experian. 708
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Cash Magnet Approval

Nicely done, K. Thanks for the DPs.

And Congrats! on a sweet 6K approval. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much. I researched here in myfico forums and it’s really paid off. Started out with a secured card and now I can just Garden! Some of my cards have already increased in limits Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job! And we're AMEX Cash Magnet cousins! Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well then.. Howdy! Lol
Message 5 of 6
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.