Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Cash Magnet Approval!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Cash Magnet Approval!!!

I have been one of the non contributing people who has read all of the advice faithfully and have taken the time to rebuild my credit thanks to all of the help of this forum.

After nervously applying for Amex Cash Magnet they approved me with a 10k credit limit!!

After quite sometime of having bad credit, slowly paying off the bad, and also having someone who put me on all of their accounts as an authorized user has helped tremendously.

Should I apply for more. I have 4 inquires with a 712 TÚ 714EQ
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Cash Magnet Approval!!!

Congrats on the monster approval!!
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval 👏🏾 Nice SL.

If this approval was today, and if you have the need, I'd shoot for the AMEX Gold. It's a good time to pick up that card.

Good Luck!
Message 3 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations on your approval 👏🏾 Nice SL.

If this approval was today, and if you have the need, I'd shoot for the AMEX Gold. It's a good time to pick up that card.

Good Luck!

What in OP's original post makes you believe Gold would be a good fit? 

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP posed a blanket question regarding an additional app. Not providing further details.

The response was "if you have the need". Which means, it is OP's decision to assess said needs. A general response related to a popular product.

Thanks for your question.
Message 5 of 20
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and success thus far, that's a good SL from Amex Smiley Happy.

Message 6 of 20
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Welcome To My Fico!

We're happy you've come out of the shadows..

000welcome17.gif

Congrats on the Cash Magnet and great SL!! 

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex Cash Magnet approval! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the response. I will try and be a contributor to the forum also as much as possible.

Quick questions

What does the terms SL and AAoA and gardening stand for?

Thanks I’m such a newb!!!
Message 9 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you so much for the response. I will try and be a contributor to the forum also as much as possible.

Quick questions

What does the terms SL and AAoA and gardening stand for?

Thanks I’m such a newb!!!

Hi @Anonymous, and welcome to myFICO! welcome.gif

Congrats on the awesome approval as well!  screamer.gif

SL is "Starting Line", or your beginning credit line.  AAoA is "Average Age of Accounts", and "Gardening" is what we call when you're not actively getting new credit lines or taking hard pulls (HPs). 

More on Gardening here:  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/Garden-Club-January-2019/td-p/5452468

This might help with the acronyms:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/td-p/88458

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.