Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Cash Magnet approved, but.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Cash Magnet approved, but.....

It's been a year since I got my last card (Black Card from Barclays) and saw an ad for Cash Magnet. As I've frozen my EX, took a chance by applying. Got a "we are reviewing the application" message.

Just after 48 hours, got an email with approval notice. While I'm happy, what's surprising is that none of the CRs reported inquiry for this. EX is locked so we can rule that out but CK and Credit Tracker didn't report any inquiries on TU or EQ either. Should I wait for a few more days for the inquiries to appear? 

I will update this post with the Spend Limit once I get the card in my hands.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Cash Magnet approved, but.....

Do you have an Amex CC already? If so it is normally a SP to obtain another.

Also, why do some of y'all apply with your CRs frozen? Normally that equates to a instant denial. I don't understand the applying for credit with CRs frozen thing. I've noticed several threads lately with people doing this and wondering why they didn't get approved..makes absolutely no sense to me.😂
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval. Smiley Happy

Sorry about the Black Card Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
Do you have an Amex CC already? If so it is normally a SP to obtain another.

Also, why do some of y'all apply with your CRs frozen? Normally that equates to a instant denial. I don't understand the applying for credit with CRs frozen thing. I've noticed several threads lately with people doing this and wondering why they didn't get approved..makes absolutely no sense to me.😂

1. Yes I do have several Amex cards. Probably that was the reason.

2. You might find it odd and not making sense but it actually works for me to freeze and app. It helps in two ways. If the lender wants to give you a card and doesn't mind pulling TU or EQ, they'll issue it anyways. Second, it's a deterrent when in garden. Like "fake money in front of a gambler"....curbs the desire and brings me to senses.

Also no bank, including Chase, have denied me for freezing CR. They have sent me letters/mails asking me to unfreeze for them to proceed (at which point my saner mind works and ignores the mail).

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval. Smiley Happy

Sorry about the Black Card Smiley Wink

Thanks and LoL on Black Card...Barclays gave me a pitiful 5K limit and when I called them to cancel, increased it to 30K. Felt OK and kept it.

Message 5 of 6
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.