Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Cash Magnet

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Cash Magnet

Well I got the $200 SUB to pop so I went for it. Instant approval for $1K. I officially broke $60K total credit limits so I’m fine with it.

I had been getting the “up to $2000” verbiage but apparently I’m still too risky for them to give me that kind of limit 😂
Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Cash Magnet

Congrats on the CM approval.  I received the same SL.  Those lower SL's make it harder to coast to that SUB.  It's like they want us to get a workout or something. 

Message 2 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the CM approval.  I received the same SL.  Those lower SL's make it harder to coast to that SUB.  It's like they want us to get a workout or something. 

Thanks!

Yeah it’s a bit annoying that they gave me such a low limit but I can work around it. I’ll just move my utilities and groceries to the card. I’ll have it organically spent in 2 1/2 months. 

The thing that’s obnoxious is that they want to see use but then they give me such a low limit. They hit me with a $1K limit last March too and I turned around and canceled it when Disco gave me a $7500 approval minutes later. I won’t cancel it this time but I don’t know how much they expect to gain from my spending habits with a limit I can’t do anything with. 

Message 3 of 55
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Congrats.  If you do 3x CLI when you get the card, you will likely get it.  You don't have to wait 61 days but ymmv.

Message 4 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FicoGuy2019 wrote:

Congrats.  If you do 3x CLI when you get the card, you will likely get it.  You don't have to wait 61 days but ymmv.

I’ll try that. I mean if they say no I’ll just wait 6 months before I ask them again. It’s not a high priority for me but now I have my in with Amex. 

Message 5 of 55
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Congrats on getting back in with Amex!

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 6 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @macinjosh! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 55
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! 3k here we come. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 55
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Cash Magnet!! How much do you have to spend for the SUB?

Message 9 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the AMEX approval!
Message 10 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.