Amex Cash Magnet

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Cash Magnet

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks UncleB!

I have heard that they do credit payments quickly. I will probably let them pull, the only reason I don’t let Sync do it is because I have to manage three different portals, it’s just easier to push from my bank. 

As for increases, I know it will grow with time. I’m not in a huge hurry but it would be nice to be able to actually have a limit I can use to finance a purchase during the 15 months. Maybe I’ll get lucky and if I wait til 91 days they’ll give me a 3x CLI and I can use it for the holidays. Smiley Happy

I guess we will see what happens. I don’t have any real dire needs right now so I’ll be patient with AMEX. 

I pull payments into my Amex cards but I've never noticed that they immediately increase available credit by the payment amount, but I haven't paid attention as I've been fortunate to have very generous CLs from Amex. Their savings account works that way, as soon as you submit a pull transfer in they credit your balance by that amount for earning interest.

You don't have another Amex card you can transfer some CL over to CM? I'll probably app for CM this fall, just for the SUB & 15 months 0%, 1.5% rewards don't cut it for me, altho better than the MR points on my Everyday card for me s I don't travel. The 15 months 0% ends in July on my Everyday and if I get Cash Magnet I'll move the CL from Everyday and close it, but working the $250 SUB for upgrading my BCE to Preferred right now.

No this is the first AMEX I have gotten. I got approved for the BCE last March, same $1K, and Disco approved me for $7500 seconds later so I called and canceled it. My credit knowledge didn’t really take off until later last year. Live and learn I guess. 

I went online and it looks like my account still isn’t even fully set up - the account agreement link goes to a blank page and I can’t request my card number in order to add my card to my cell bill so I guess I’m going to miss out on that benefit this month. A bit slower than the BCE which AMEX sent out the next day despite me canceling it. 

Message 31 of 55
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats Saeren on the new Amex!!

Message 32 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!

Message 33 of 55
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  my friend, on your AmEx approval, surpassing the $60K TLC mark, and Welcome to the AmEx family!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 34 of 55
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on that sweet approval!

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 35 of 55
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on getting back in! Your profile is strong enough that you should get some growth without a whole lot of trouble - enjoy it and welcome back to the family Smiley Happy

Thank you sir!

Amex definitely doesn’t want me to forget that BCE I shut down before receiving. When I set up my online account, it shows that never used card on there and Member Since ‘18 lol. 

Oh that's salty Smiley LOL

Congrats on your approval 

Message 36 of 55
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Lol so it’s a lifetime deal, blood in blood out, the Amex Mafia. Once you’re a member, it’s forever 😂

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 37 of 55
JaseT
Established Contributor

Congrats Saeren! Did you pick this up just to build your relationship with Amex or just for the SUB? I haven't researched this card much, but isn't it just a 1.5% CB card?

AMEX doesn't like me since they got burned for $700ish in my BK7.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 38 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks JaseT!

I’m not sure what I’m doing with it yet. Honestly I’m kind of thinking that if I like it, I’ll drop my PayPal card and use the AMEX as my non-category card. I just really don’t like a lot of things about the PayPal card, specifically that I can’t get notifications for transactions and there isn’t a dedicated app (even my B&H Payboo has management in the MySynchrony app and Amazon Store Card has its own app altogether) just that stupid portal. That makes it a lot more difficult to manage than any of my other cards and may make it worth giving up that .05%.
Message 39 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t have the PPCB card and can’t comment on its interface other than what I’ve read about it being a pain, but I can tell you the Amex app is clear, easy, and straightforward. It’s very simple to use and manage your accounts, so that part of all this will definitely be an improvement for you.
Message 40 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.