cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Cash Magnet

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Cash Magnet

Well at  least you can say I got an AMEX card. Congrats!

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC @ 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 11 of 55
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Grats @Saeren Smiley Happy i dont blame the feeling on 1k. When i got my Spg/Bonvoy , they gave me 1k. Wouldnt even let me move limits so i said screw it , sd it. Just didnt feel scrambling for the Sub on 1k limit.
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
!
Message 12 of 55
Super Contributor

@KLEXH25 wrote:
Congrats on the Cash Magnet!! How much do you have to spend for the SUB?

It’s $200 for $1K so basically a 20% return plus they gave me the cell phone offer on approval that gives me 10% back until I earn $10 so basically $210 as long as my Xfinity Mobile bill triggers the credit. 

01/2019:
1/2020:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 13 of 55
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Grats @Saeren Smiley Happy i dont blame the feeling on 1k. When i got my Spg/Bonvoy , they gave me 1k. Wouldnt even let me move limits so i said screw it , sd it. Just didnt feel scrambling for the Sub on 1k limit.

It does make me a bit frustrated because why offer 0% for 15 months if you’re not going to give anyone a useful limit. Like when the site started asking me for BT info I was like “you’re kidding, right?”

That’s how AMEX wants to do business, I can work with it. They probably rightfully assume that they won’t get much spend from me. 

01/2019:
1/2020:

Message 14 of 55
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Congrats on getting back in! Your profile is strong enough that you should get some growth without a whole lot of trouble - enjoy it and welcome back to the family Smiley Happy

Rose Gold NPSL | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | IT Cash | IT Chrome | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Firestone | Wayfair | Overstock | Kohl’s

5/24, 1/24, 76445/24, who cares #HappyWithAmex

Entering the garden 5/27/2019, staying until 2020
(Lol so much for that grand plan...)
Message 15 of 55
Super Contributor

@ImTheDevil wrote:
Congrats on getting back in! Your profile is strong enough that you should get some growth without a whole lot of trouble - enjoy it and welcome back to the family Smiley Happy

Thank you sir!

Amex definitely doesn’t want me to forget that BCE I shut down before receiving. When I set up my online account, it shows that never used card on there and Member Since ‘18 lol. 

01/2019:
1/2020:

Message 16 of 55
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Lol so it’s a lifetime deal, blood in blood out, the Amex Mafia. Once you’re a member, it’s forever 😂

Rose Gold NPSL | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | IT Cash | IT Chrome | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Firestone | Wayfair | Overstock | Kohl’s

5/24, 1/24, 76445/24, who cares #HappyWithAmex

Entering the garden 5/27/2019, staying until 2020
(Lol so much for that grand plan...)
Message 17 of 55
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Saeren wrote:

@Hasselfree wrote:

Congrats on the CM approval.  I received the same SL.  Those lower SL's make it harder to coast to that SUB.  It's like they want us to get a workout or something. 

Thanks!

Yeah it’s a bit annoying that they gave me such a low limit but I can work around it. I’ll just move my utilities and groceries to the card. I’ll have it organically spent in 2 1/2 months. 

The thing that’s obnoxious is that they want to see use but then they give me such a low limit. They hit me with a $1K limit last March too and I turned around and canceled it when Disco gave me a $7500 approval minutes later. I won’t cancel it this time but I don’t know how much they expect to gain from my spending habits with a limit I can’t do anything with. 

You can make a payment online 5 times a day once you pass your first 30 days. Until then you can call in a payment beyond your first. I move about $3k through my $1k card every month.

Message 18 of 55
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ImTheDevil wrote:
Lol so it’s a lifetime deal, blood in blood out, the Amex Mafia. Once you’re a member, it’s forever 😂

They'll make you an offer you can't refuse and if you ever do them wrong, you'll swim with the fishes.

Message 19 of 55
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval with them. It'll get big enough soon enough.
Awesome
Message 20 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.