cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Charles Schwab Platinum Card Approval!! Finally!! :-))

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Amex Charles Schwab Platinum Card Approval!! Finally!! :-))

Hey everyone, hoping all is well and staying safe in these times.

Just wanted share a small victory with the community, at least for me it is. Smiley Happy

I had been eying this card since middle of last year. As I had built up a nice pile of MR points with Amex and had yet to decide on a travel destination to put them to use. Then...of course we all know what hit us like a ton of bricks and all plans of any travel of any sort was placed on hold indefinitely.

I had been 0 for the year in applications for this card see this thread below for more details: Smiley LOL

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Another-Charles-Schwab-App-yet-another-att...

After my latest denial around a month ago, decided on a hunch to give it one last go to end the year. Worst case scenerio would be another denial as I have been so used to the Amex rejection so no biggie. Seeing that Amex had'nt yet updated my lastest Fico Score on the site and I was also 30 days past last application. Applied and was given the "your application is currently under review" Had got the same message on my previous 4 apps this year and all came back with generic decisions within "5 minutes" lol. So this app went got past the 30 min marker and I knew something was a little different. After waiting a full 24 hours and my status was still in progress, my impatience got the best of me and I decided to call and see if they needed any further information. Come to find out, they only needed to verify my address on the application and approved me right Smiley Happyon the spot! Have'nt been this happy for anm Amex app since my first approval back in 2016 lol!  

Anyways it was a SP as all reports on ice. Fico score at time was 748 on Amex site. Amex custom since 2012

Side note: Not sure I will get the introduction offer of 60,000 MR points/ $5,000 spend in 3 months. As I got the disclaimer pop up during application. Will try to contact them about this in a few days. Main goal was to get card and that has been misson accomplished. Going to look at my options for MR points as I have Chase cards and Avainca points for trips down the road.

If you have any additional questions pleas ask away. Thanks for looking!

Amex CS Approval!Amex CS Approval!

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex Charles Schwab Platinum Card Approval!! Finally!! :-))

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 26
blindambition
Senior Contributor

It's always a great feeling when nabbing a goal card. Congrats man, super happy for yah!!!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 26
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Enjoy that new card!  Congratulations!

Message 4 of 26
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on finally getting the Schwab card Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 26
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on finally getting an approval

Message 6 of 26
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on joining the Platinum Party - at least one good thing came out of this wretched year Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 26
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 9 of 26
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
Congratulations on your approval!

Thanks so much @AllZero my friend!

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.