Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex/Citi showin' some love

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex/Citi showin' some love

So, I was gardening for a long while in regards to credit cards, but somehow I found my way back to myfico forums! Hmmm....I should have walked away, BUT, I got to looking at Pre-Q's and noticed that I was pre-q for some Citi cards. I currently have DC at $5,600 with the highest interest rate at 24.49%, but I have recently got a promo for like 3.99% until January, and a BT for a while at 10.99%....anyways, back to the app. I -have a high balance on a Cap 1 that I am working to lower, so I chose the Diamond card (plus, it looks cool). I app'ed and got the 7-10 day message Thursday around 11:00am. I didn't have time to call in yesterday to see what was going on, however, I called in this morning to check on the app. I called the number 888-201-4523 that I got off a post here and spoke to a lady who took some info and had me verify my phone number with a text, then she transferred me to another lady. The second person I spoke to got more verification info from me and had me wait two different times for 2-3 min. She finally came back and let me know that I have been approved. I was givin a $1,800 SL, (freakin terrible) and the apr was the same in my pre-q offer at 18.49%. I was offered the 21 mos 0% interest BT offer, but not gonna help much with my limit. Later after the call, I said screw it to myself and hit the CLI button on my DC. Got $500!!!---so that cheered me up.

A week before this, I was checkin' Amex pre-q, to my surprise I was Pre-q for litterally ever single card, and my current cards that I have are all available to upgrade. I snagged a Amex Hilton Honors (no AF) on a soft pull with a $5,600 SL. Was also foolin around with the site and went ahead an upgraded my regular gold to a PRG. <--super easy. The only thing that got me down is my $9,900 CL on my Everyday card has dropped to $6,300 right after the new card was approved. Also, I found it strange that when I was approved for the card, it said I was now a Hilton Honors member or something like that, but no interest rate, and no limit! I got an e-mail shortly after that said "we've received your American Express application,....we are excited that you've decided to apply....and we're reviewing your application now" hmm, not the e-mail I would have expected to see. I found link online that I could check the status of the app, and it did say approved, so I got on the app and got on the text and got my limit there. I finally got an e-mail today (6 days after the first e-mail) that said the card was on it's way. I guess I'll see what my rate is then; I don't EVER carry a balance with AmEx, just in case my life blew up....I wanna keep those guys around for a long while.

So that's my recent experience with these two companies recently, maybe it can help give some encouragement when anyone else sees those 7-10 day messages...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex/Citi showin' some love

Congrats on both approval

Message 2 of 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex/Citi showin' some love

Well done. If Amex lowered your limit on one card, means you are at max for moment so they moved some limit around to approve which is a positive sign they want your business.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.