Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Cracking The Whip

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Cracking The Whip

@ToxikPH     I definitely like my CashBack XD     I was reading into the BCP and the Everyday I believe it was they were both Blue and Clear lol 

Message 11 of 31
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007     Can you give me any hints to get out of their Jail!?    I've tried many different ways for these almost 2 years now to figure them out XD     Someone said I just have to wait out that 2 year mark though before love Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 31
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@ToxikPH     I definitely like my CashBack XD     I was reading into the BCP and the Everyday I believe it was they were both Blue and Clear lol 

Yeah the BCP is the blue one and cashback. Everyday is clear but a points card.

Message 13 of 31
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@ToxikPH wrote:

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

What is the 5 Revolver Rule?!

You're not allowed to have more than five credit cards with amex incuding personal and business. You're allowed to have all of the charge cards on top of those though. For example, I have the Platinum, Gold, and Green (all charge cards) plus the Hilton Aspire, Delta Platinum, Cash Magnet, BCP, and Everyday (five credit card/revolvers).

@ToxikPH, 35+ years with Amex .. sometimes the rules can be bent "a little"Smiley Very Happy

Clearly I was around the rule beforehand. @Anonymous was telling me about the 50% limit to income rule and I'm way past that one too lol

Message 14 of 31
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"  Can you give me any hints to get out of their Jail!?  "

@Girlzilla88, Time and spend .. plus very low util. on your other cards / and a solid EX score.

Not too much credit seekingSmiley Surprised  .. JMO

Message 15 of 31
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007       I think the main thing scaring them is the UTL on my other cards I got everything else sounds like EX is my highest and I even made sure it was above their "good" tier last time I asked hmmm not sure if I want to speed up the UTL on my other cards though since they are on a plan but we will see XD

Message 16 of 31
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Times are a changing! At least you were given options. Congrats!!! 😊 

Message 17 of 31
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

"  Can you give me any hints to get out of their Jail!?  "

@Girlzilla88, Time and spend .. plus very low util. on your other cards / and a solid EX score.

Not too much credit seekingSmiley Surprised  .. JMO

That sound like the best ticket right there.... 

plus very low util. on your other cards... and  Not too much credit seeking I usually when I see the best preapproval with SUB from AMEX- IME!

Message 18 of 31
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@ToxikPH wrote:

As a massive Amex fanboy this was bittersweet. They are apparently now cracking down on the five revolver rule. Previously I had six revolvers and had applied for the BCP on Saturday; when I called in today I was transfered to someone who told me they could approve this application if I was to close two of my cards forcing me to be at five with this new approval. 

Thought I would just get a merged limit of the two but nope! 2k to 10k! RIP Hilton Honors and Delta Blue, served me well but their time was up.

Congrats to you! 😁

Message 19 of 31
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

@ToxikPH wrote:

As a massive Amex fanboy this was bittersweet. They are apparently now cracking down on the five revolver rule. Previously I had six revolvers and had applied for the BCP on Saturday; when I called in today I was transfered to someone who told me they could approve this application if I was to close two of my cards forcing me to be at five with this new approval. 

Thought I would just get a merged limit of the two but nope! 2k to 10k! RIP Hilton Honors and Delta Blue, served me well but their time was up.

Great job on expanding your credit!

Congratulations and enjoy

your success :-)

Cheers

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.