Re: Amex Cracking The Whip

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 22 of 31
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Glad they worked with you to positive result versus just saying no soup for you...

Message 23 of 31
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your BCP!

|  
Message 24 of 31
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the card

Message 25 of 31
kdm31091
Super Contributor

With the charge cards becoming more and more like revolvers I wonder how long the distinction will even still exist. Don't Green, Gold, and Platinum all have pay over time by default now? I feel like the difference is getting blurry. The implication would be that in the future these could all count towards the "revolver" rule too.

Message 26 of 31
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

With the charge cards becoming more and more like revolvers I wonder how long the distinction will even still exist. Don't Green, Gold, and Platinum all have pay over time by default now? I feel like the difference is getting blurry. The implication would be that in the future these could all count towards the "revolver" rule too.

@kdm31091 i believe they already do as always been pre-approved for them, not no longer get expanding membership is easy. message at 4 revolvers currently and same ole profile, so think that changed a few weeks back actually.

Message 27 of 31
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@kdm31091 i believe they already do as always been pre-approved for them, not no longer get expanding membership is easy. message at 4 revolvers currently and same ole profile, so think that changed a few weeks back actually.

When I called for an update on my app and to get approved for the BCP he only said I needed to be under 5 credit card/revolvers so I don't believe this to be the case as I have now 5 revolvers + 3 charge cards.

Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ToxikPH wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

When I called for an update on my app and to get approved for the BCP he only said I needed to be under 5 credit card/revolvers so I don't believe this to be the case as I have now 5 revolvers + 3 charge cards.

I was curious about that, as you mentioned needing to close 2 to open 1 yet you still had 5. So really only only lost 1 being the 6th card, right?

If they were enforcing the new 4 card rule you would have had to close 3 to app the new 1 and get to the new 4 limit.

I think you came out of it pretty good! lol

This gives me hope that I can just swap my 5th for new one rather than having to close 2 to get it, while I want to change the 5th(ED) I don't really want to lose a 4th to get to 4 so I have been holding off. 

@kdm31091 wrote:

While it does seem so I think the biggest take away here is that the Charge Cards have an AF attached, where several of the Revolvers do not.

So it's not like Revolvers can be replaced with Charge Card altogether.

Message 29 of 31
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Congrats....

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.