Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Blue Approved!!! So Happy!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Delta Blue Approved!!! So Happy!

Hi Myfico Peeps!

As you all know, I think I pretty much gave up on gardening haha. Recently I was sent a reward mailer from Wyndham Hotels for a Visa card. I applied and was denied. I should have came here to see it was a Barclay card, as they don't like me. I was just denied for there Uber Visa about a month ago. I thought since Wyndham isn't a HUGE hotel brand, offering lower cost hotels I would have a chance. Well, they said the same thing that they did with the Uber card. They said you have too many inquries and new accounts, go figure lol. I did try to recon but they said, "no we need to see some time with what you have" So with that and NFCU saying the same thing pretty much, I started to garden.

Well fast forward to last night, I was on Amex site and seen the Delta Blue Rewards. I remember applying for the Delta Gold and was denied about 4 months ago because of derogs/collections, that have since been removed. I came to the board wanting to learn if it is easier to get the Blue vs the Gold. Also the Blue has no AF and the min is lower. I found good info and said even though I didn't get a preapproval, I will apply. I told myself that if I was denied for the same reasons as Barclay and NFCU and etc, then I would seriously go into gardening for at least 6 months min no exceptions! I was really worried because it was no prequal for me. I hit the apply and it was instant approval with HP to EX with a SL of $1000.

I was excited because you all don't know how long I been wanting a travel card. I didn't want the best travel card, just a travel card that will help since I travel for work almost 2 times a month minimum. I noticed on the board and Ask Sebby that if approved, immediately apply for a 2nd card (Hilton Honors no AF) the same day. This will create only 1 hard inquiry with possible 2 card approval. The 2nd app went into review and currently says "In Process - Return to this site in 24 hours". I don't know if that is good or bad. I guess it is better than bad because it wasn't an instant denial like the Delta Gold card was 4 months ago. I hope I get it as it would be great to have my first 2 travel cards, but if I don't I am happy with the Delta Blue card and will grow it hopefully.

DP:

EX Fico 8 was 659, Fico 9 was 679.

1 collection from ATT from 2012

UTI 18%,

Inq 24 in 2 years, Inq 18 in 6 months.

New accounts in last 6 months 11

I promise I am done and going into gardening now. I have a travel card I want and can use and get points and I am super happy. No need to apply as all the cards I was applying for were travel cards. I still find it odd Cap one said no to a Venture card, and i ahve 7 years positive history with them over 2 cards and an auto loan but Amex said sure, and i have no experience with them other than a Amex branded USAA classic card lol. Okay I am done talking now, I am going back to work lol.

Oh PS. Since I opened this card, and possible another card, I closed Avant $300 limit and Indigo $300 limit. If I get approved for the Hilton Honors, I will close the First Premier $700 limit card. Effectively removing all super crappy AF cards. Only AF card I will have is the Quick Silver One, and I will try to PC soon as I can to no AF version or a savor.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Delta Blue Approved!!! So Happy!

Update: I called because they said I had a fraud alert. The VSR verified some info, called me back and said I was approved for $1k SL on the Hilton Honors card as well. Now I have to move it from my wanted cards to my current use cards 😆. I'm excited. Now I'm definitely done. I have 2 of my most wanted cards in less than a day. I will happily garden now and thats a fact Jack!
Message 2 of 21
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals. Good idea on closing out the sub-prime cards. Keep in mind the 61 day CLI and then 180 day CLI on Amex. Use them well and they grow quickly.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really!? I thought my Discover it would be fast as people say 91 days, but 61 days is awesome! Is it an average on how much? Yeah them subprimes suck. The only one I had That was kinda okay was credit 1 earned 1% cash back but so many fees it didnt matter lol.
Message 4 of 21
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on both approvals!  I'd also recommend getting the score up just a tad before submitting the first 3x CLI for the best chance.  Enjoy the travel rewards!

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. This should increase my score a bit because it will lower my UTI. I also just made a a few big payments yesterday which will lower UTI again. I calculate my UTI to be around 6% by time the CLI time rolls around. Hopefully that helps.
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats

Message 7 of 21
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on both of your approvals!!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone!

Hey 19... 2 Delta Golds!? How does that work? I may apply for a delta gold card in 1 year from today if the bonus is good. Is it beneficial to have two delta cards? If I do I'll have a blue and a gold. I would assume the blue would become obsolete right?

PS. Just cancelled my First Premier Card! I feel free! Now just a bunch of no AF store cards and my new prime cards!
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go on the 2 approvals, well done!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.