cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Gold 3x CLI (Finally) now should I....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Delta Gold 3x CLI (Finally) now should I....

I am still relatively new to the AMEx family in which I was approved for my first Amex (Delta) in December 2019. I read all about the 3x CLI and was going to wait until the 91 days to request to the increase. Like a rookie I applied for a BCE in February 2020 unbeknownst to the rules of the 3x CLI would be jeopardized by applying for another card in which I was approved for as well. Delta original SL was 6k and the BCE was only 2k. March came along and I was denied the CLI. bummer 👎. Waited the six months in August my fico score took a hit because My Navy Cc reported a high balance so my Denial letter from Amex indicated my. fico score of 715 was the reason for my Denial. I waited until my score updated for September in which it went back up to a 765. Applied again and was denied for the same reason. But this time on the AMEx site my new score was updated however their system was indicating my old score. I called In to the kind folks most likely in India for a Reconsideration advising them the Fico score used was incorrect. I was advised that my account was being referred to there underwriting team and if approved my SL would be updated within 48 hours. Logged in this morning and wow 🤣 SL $18k 🥳. 

So my question now would be, should I wait to request the 3x on the BCE or pull the trigger and go for it? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex Delta Gold 3x CLI (Finally) now should I....

Congratulations on your 3x CLI!
Message 2 of 11
xiocc
Regular Contributor

Congrats! You will get auto denied for the CLI as their system looks at any CLI across any of their cards you have and that restarts the 180 day waiting period. Also credit reallocation has a 30 day timer. 

Message 3 of 11
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Message 4 of 11
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

congrats!! 

Message 5 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Increase!!!

Message 6 of 11
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex 3X CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the heads up .. I will reallocate some of the credit to the BCE before it reports thank you ❤️

Message 8 of 11
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congratulations to you on the CLI. 

Message 9 of 11
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nicely done! Congratulations!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.