Re: Amex Delta Gold Approved

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats

Thanks!

Message 12 of 70
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the approval..  Amex only gave me 1k on the Delta when I got the card and usually I see alot of 1k approvals personally on the card( granted this was my first amex and since then they have been alot more generous with me w/regards to other cards).  Least it is an approval and hopefully you can use the miles for a flight.  Did you take the 50k or 60k offer or 30k one?

Message 13 of 70
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats on the approval..  Amex only gave me 1k on the Delta when I got the card and usually I see alot of 1k approvals personally on the card( granted this was my first amex and since then they have been alot more generous with me w/regards to other cards).  Least it is an approval and hopefully you can use the miles for a flight.  Did you take the 50k or 60k offer or 30k one?

Thanks!

I only got the 30k offer, but that's OK since I don't fly often anyway (the card was strictly to be a credit line 'donor' for the BCP).  I was honestly hoping for a somewhat higher SL now that I have clean files, but it is what it is... I just hope that unlike my BCP this one will be permitted to get CLIs. 

I know I mentioned in the first post that I was heading to the garden, but I figured "just for grins" I would see if I could get the 50k MR offer to come up on the PRG - I've not seen it on my computer since back in the fall.  I figured most likely I woudln't get it, but at least I could tell myself I had tried.

Lo-and-behold, on my second try I got the offer to come up... decisions, decisions.  I decided to go for it since I've already taken the HP today but I got the message to 'call in', not surprising since I just got approved an hour or so ago for the Delta.  I've tried to call twice and the recording tells me the "system used by both the automated system and the customer service rep can't be accessed at this time".  I'll honestly be surprised if it's not approved (especially since I closed my Green back in March).

Either way (PRG or no PRG) I'm definitely heading over towards the garden now... LOL.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats for giving it your best shot, and for showing in the extreme how little a score can matter.

See you in the GC. Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 70
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats for giving it your best shot, and for showing in the extreme how little a score can matter.

See you in the GC. Smiley Happy

Thanks so much!

You're definitely right... with Amex it's definitely not all about the score... LOL  Smiley Wink

I'm getting my gardening tools ready as I'm typing now... Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 70
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Congrats UncleB!

Seems to be the norm lately, 1k SL for this card. Wished they would've match my Citi AA limit to make it more competitive between those two cards but it seems I can do more with the miles with Delta so It might get interesting. I already completed my spent so just waiting for the bonus miles to post.

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 17 of 70
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@datrucking210 wrote:

Congrats UncleB!

Seems to be the norm lately, 1k SL for this card. Wished they would've match my Citi AA limit to make it more competitive between those two cards but it seems I can do more with the miles with Delta so It might get interesting. I already completed my spent so just waiting for the bonus miles to post.

Thanks so much!  Smiley Very Happy

It must go in cycles... for a while folks who had received 'toy' limits on the BCP/BCE/EDP/etc. would get generous limits on the Delta.

That's OK, though... at least it wasn't a denial!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 70
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 19 of 70
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@RM21 wrote:
Congrats OP!!

Thanks, RM21!

Message 20 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.