Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Gold Approved!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Delta Gold Approved!!!!!

Logged onto my Delta app to check on something and saw the Amex cards. I’m in a rebuilding/gardening phase but convinced myself to app. The circle kept turning and turning and turning.....bam, you’re APROVED!!!! I could not believe it.

I haven’t been following EX FICO too much but they approved me with a $1000 SL. I know it’s low but am so excited to finally be in with Amex. I’ve heard these cards grow quickly.

Time of approval:

FICO EX 622
CO 4 yrs ago
1 collection
8 TL (low limits) all paid on time
59% UTIL
Auto loan through Toyota

Any suggestions on getting a nice CLI???

Thanks everyone!!!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Delta Gold Approved!!!!!

Wow. Congrats. On surprised they let you in with a 622 fico w 59% UTI and a collection. Honestly I feel like sometimes there is more leniency depending on how you apply. I.e; the delta website such as you did. Idk may be its just my crazy way of thinking sometimes. As for the CLI yes just use the card and PIF is most peoples theory on here .Or keep a balance below 10% and mark your calendar for 61 days and 2 statement cuts and you should be able to get a 3x increase. For more info on this read through this forum link when you have time; "the definitive Amex 3x CLI guide". Here you will read strategies that will help you to achieve a 3x increase, when to ask for it, how much to ask,etc. Also you will read who has gotten it and who has not and at what point to ask for more CLI, etc. Very good info on there. BUT was there any wording upon approval about having to carry a balance for 6 months and make on time payments for 6 months? It is a credit steps program offered by Amex and is for most people who barely got their foot in the door. If so then you will not be eligible for an increase for 6 months and must follow those credit "steps" to achieve a CLI. If not then you're good. If your not sure just wait for it to come in the mail and it should tell you something with the paperwork. I'm not sure because I've not had to do the steps with amex. Is this your first Amex card? Don't forget to hit that sign up bonus offer if it came with one. I'm sure it did being a delta card. Best of luck!

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval @Anonymous! 

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!

Message 4 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yes indeed, big congrats because even for Amex 622 is pushing the approval threshold. Best advice is use pay and use. This will help open up more things with Amex down the road. 1k is a huge accomplishment with Amex st your current score, most would have grabbed a $500 so well doneSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I obviously want to get the sign up bonus and plan to push spending through this card. I am just hoping for a 3x CLI after 61 days. I look back to my financial knowledge 6 ago and would have punched myself. I’ve made my credit a huge goal of mine and have come a long way.

My next goal is to get in with Chase. I don’t know why but they won’t touch me yet. Never had a card through them so they have never been burned. I guess it’s a waiting game.
Message 6 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Indeed. Its ok though keep doing what you are doing. Let your score rise and as for Chase, keep in mind 5/24 and keep an eye on prequalsSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have read mixed reviews on Amex 3x CLI. I’ve read the post that goes over all of it but I’ve also read that people with $1k SL aren’t really getting the CLI. Have you read this too?
Message 8 of 15
chaos51
Regular Contributor

Congrats! My first Amex was for $2,000 last year, and now I have 3 Amex revolvers ranging up to $30k and my platinum has POT for $35k. They can grow, and will grow, if you treat it right. My first CLI request at 61 days was denied, but I haven't been denied for any card or CLI from them since. Keep growing.

Total Revolving Credit Limit: $306,900
Pay Over Time Limit: $85,000
Fico 8 Scores: Ex: 751, TU 751, EQ 741
Message 9 of 15
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on the Amex approval!
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.