cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Gold - Instant Approval - First Amex Ever!

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Delta Gold - Instant Approval - First Amex Ever!

@Anonymous wrote:

Only thing I can figure out is they didn't like LexisNexis being frozen for my first card with them. However, I've been an auth'd user with them before on accounts with 25K credit limits and currently an AU on a business card through work (owner adds certain folks to the business account for the points lol). So they know who I am....I chalked it up to Covid. I probably would have opted for the Plat card if I knew it was metal...**bleep**..love my Apple card for that.

I guess I'm wondering, should I withdrawl my Amex Platinum revolver application or let it go through? The SUB on it is 100,000. But I also have a BCE app in there. How many apps is too many before they're like "Whoa dude, slow down here..."?

Since it sounds like you barely made the cut with getting this particular approval, this is definitely an indication that BCE could likely get declined; or if approved, you may get a very similar limit as this one. Unfortunately, it's going to take a lot of patience/effort to grow any limits that are in the $1K range (lots of DPs on this). FYI, being an AU on another AENB card (business, personal or corporate) doesn't really pave the way or nudge any approval odds.

Have you released authorization or provided consent for AENB to obtain your tax transcripts for BCE and/or Platinum Card? If you haven't, then that's your call to make. Potentially, the Platinum Card could get approved if you meet AENB's underwriting requirements after they verify things via 4506C.

As far as the number of apps, you can only be approved for 2 revolvers in a 90-day period. Certainly, the combo of 3 cards (e.g. 2 revolvers + 1 charge card), such as your situation is potentially feasible, but it's up to AENB to determine what they're willing to approve.

Message 11 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your Amex Delta Gold Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 14
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your AMEX Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 13 of 14
MasonK
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

1/1/16 FICO8 Scores: EX: 407, EQ: 403, TU: 455
4/1/24 FICO8 Scores: EX: 832, EQ: 820, TU: 834
FICO9 EX: 818
Total Revolving Limits: $152,300

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.