Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Gold & PRG Approved!!

tag
radfam
Frequent Contributor

Amex Delta Gold & PRG Approved!!

Wanted to provide some data points.  I prequaled Amex today and had a solid preapproval with 16% APR (not a range) for Amex Delta Gold skymiles.  I app'd and got the 14 day message.  Immediately called and approved after address verification, $1000 SL.  My file is not completely clean but getting better.  18 TLs total, history of lates but none in last year, 2 other CCs (total $1300 SL with Cap1) and one store card, 1 auto loan.  EX at 626 today, my best profile.  I have 1 paid auto CO from 2014, 1 paid medical and 1 unpaid medical ($200, also doesnt report to EX, so only 1 pd collection on EX showing).  

This is my first Amex and my first rewards card!  I couldn't be more excited!

Edit:  Added PRG approval to the mix!

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Delta Gold approved

Congrats! That’s an awesome approval. They’re on my list in a few months. 

Message 2 of 18
radfam
Frequent Contributor

I really am shocked!  My scores are in rebuild and I've been working very hard to clean up baddies while adding positive TLs to my report.  I check prequals from time to time, across various "wish list" cards that are a good fit for my spending habits.  I cannot get a prequal on Discover It for anything except secured.  Cap1 seems to like my profile.  This is my first shot with Amex and they have definitely been a future goal.  I just can't believe I finally have a rewards card, especially with Amex!

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 3 of 18
radfam
Frequent Contributor

Adding that I did have a small score jump (8pts I think) over the weekend with my EX score.  Still not sure why.  It hasn't updated on my myfico board but I saw it on my experian app, as I pay for monitoring there as well ($10/mo).  I can't see on the EX app why the jump happened, so I have to wait for MF and hope it will give me some insight.

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, Amex gave you a pre-qualify on this card?

Message 5 of 18
radfam
Frequent Contributor

Yes.  I went to their prequal page, entered my info, and instant prequal with solid number APR.

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool! Still haven’t gotten one yet. Lol. Good for you though. 

Message 7 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats!  That's an impressive approval.  Treat it right and make sure you get that signup bonus, even if it means spend, pay, spend, pay, multiple times a month.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice! What a great feeling 

Message 9 of 18
radfam
Frequent Contributor

Also decided to pull the trigger on a charge card, since it would hit the same HP.  Approved for PRG!  Double shock!

Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.