Not applicable

Re: Amex Delta Gold and Amex Green Approved at 36,000'

Congrats
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@daxx wrote:

I figured it would be a 50/50 shot so after hitting submit I waited an agonizing 4.5 minutes, since the in-flight Internet is slow as a snail, then magically it said "Approved"!!!!

I was ecstatic as I have been waiting years to re-join the amex family. After reading that you can submit a Charge Card App and a Revolver App from the same HP I went ahead and submitted another app for the Delta Gold which was also instantly approved for $1,000.00.

So it appears that there is no hard and fast rule for American Express. As some people say you need at least a 660, others that get declined with scores in the 700's and me with a low 636. 

Current Stats

EX 636

AAoA: 2 Yrs

Ex Inq:  11

Utl: 28%

Total Credit $14,600

Hi there and congratulations with the AMEX - question for you. I was told that you can't apply AMEX in the same day? is this different if you try for a charge card and credit card like you did? I was approved for Blue Cash and I tried for Everyday but was declined on second and was told I have to wait 5 days and they have to pull another HP because they can't use the same HP for the same day...

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@daxx wrote:

I am currently on my flight from Seattle to Hong Kong and had some down time and an internet connection, so I thought I would give American Express another shot. 

Over the last year I have been working on improving my credit profile as I was a bit foolish in my youth and have managed to slowly move away from secured credit cards, decrease utilization, and increase my FICO score's by 100+ points.

Back in February 2016 I tested the waters with Amex and found a pre-approval offer on their site for a Delta Gold, Platinum, and Everyday. I knew it was too good to be true as I had a few collections in my EX profile, high utilization, and a low Ex of 616. After applying for the Delta Gold card I received the 7-10 day message which then became a denial after a week. When I received the letter is stated; low credit score, degrogitory public records (i.e. collections), and high utilization. 

Fast forward to June 2016, and I was able to  PFD 2 collection accounts, have 1 removed, bring down my utilization from 91% to 28%, and increase my score 20 points. While I believed that my score was still low for Amex I was able to clean up all of the other factors they listed and thought why not give it a shot. So 6.5 hrs into my flight I submitted the first application for the Amex Green Charge Account. I figured it would be a 50/50 shot so after hitting submit I waited an agonizing 4.5 minutes, since the in-flight Internet is slow as a snail, then magically it said "Approved"!!!!

I was ecstatic as I have been waiting years to re-join the amex family. After reading that you can submit a Charge Card App and a Revolver App from the same HP I went ahead and submitted another app for the Delta Gold which was also instantly approved for $1,000.00.

So it appears that there is no hard and fast rule for American Express. As some people say you need at least a 660, others that get declined with scores in the 700's and me with a low 636. 

Current Stats

EX 636

AAoA: 2 Yrs

Ex Inq:  11

Utl: 28%

Total Credit $14,600

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Very HappySmiley Tongue

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals. It's always interesting to see what credit score they give you at the time of application. My BCE application score is not the same as myfico EX
Message 14 of 15
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.