Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Gold approved

tag
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Amex Delta Gold approved

I had a 60k mile for $1k spend SUB offer that was about to expire so I applied even though I wasn't in a great hurry for the card (no DL flights coming up). Instant approval for $10k. I've been wanting this card for group 1 boarding since even in group 2 I've had to involuntarily check my carryon. Free checked bag is nice too, but I probably won't use that much, I only check on about 10-20% of my flights.

That's my second new Amex this month (ED for $19.3k) and I also upgraded my Classic Gold to the the Gold this month. The only other Amex that I have my eye on is the Hilton Ascend for both the SUB and Hilton Gold status. I think I've read that Amex limits to two new cards per 90 days so I'll wait a little on that one. The SUB I see at Hilton is 130k points for $2k spend, Amex shows 125k points. Has anyone seen better offers? I'm in no huge hurry so I can wait a while and see if they send me anything.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Delta Gold approved

Congrats on the approvals!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval OP. 

Message 3 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Very nice OP. Congratulations.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dude! What's my Amex tat say ???

Sweet!!! Whats mine say?

Dude!!!!

No and then.......Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats on your approval and very nice SL !!!!

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on you approval and a very nice SL/SUB!!

Message 7 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! Awesome SL!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 11
degs138
Established Contributor

Right on.  I applied and was approved for a 13k starting limit and they moved 5k over from my BCP card without asking me.  It was weird.  Not a huge fan of the rewards from the Delta Gold program.  I just wanted to get it for the 60k bonus miles and the 200 off on my tickets when I booked.  I'll give it a few years, if the $95 a year aren't worth it i'll probably cancel the card.

FICO TU 757 Eq 741 116,900 Total revolving Credit.
Favorite cards: AMEX BCP, US Bank Cash+, Chase Sapphire Prefered
Message 9 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.