Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta + Gold charge card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Delta + Gold charge card

Hello Ficoforums, I was "gardening" for a little bit but not really.

Long story short.  I apped for the Delta gold Skymiles in order to take advangage of the 50K bonus I got on my email.

I have a BCE with 1K CL since feb. last year.  Tried 3x CLI and declined.  Debt ratio was hight at that time since I was in the process of buying a home and was trying to keep as much cash as possible for closing.

Anyways.  approved for Delta with 1K SL .

In order to take advantage of the 2 X 1 I apped for the regulard Amex Gold charge card since the PRG is only @ 25K Bonus.

Any advice on the Delta card?  should I wait and try for 3X CLI, call now and talk to someone for reconsideration, or any other suggestion you guys can give me?

Credit Details:

EX = 696 according to MyFico

UTI = 25%

1 cargeoff PIF back in 2012

few lates from around that time as well.

Currently highest limit is Cap1 QS = 7,750

never late with amex BCE, multiple payments per month so I don't go over the 1K limit and currently at 0

Thanks in advance for your inputs!

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Delta + Gold charge card

Hi reyex while I don't have any advice for you I wanted to congratulate you on your approval good job! 😊
Message 2 of 10
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your double AMEX approvals!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats but the regular Gold card doesn't make much sense as the rewards on the PRG is much better. I'd recommend you do a PC!
Message 4 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Amex double dippin is funSmiley Happy Congrats, just keep workin on your util and keep trying for your 3xSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all!!  Yes, time to go back to the garden and grow my new cards.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't get what you mean on the "I apped for the regular gold to get the 2X1"

Congrats on the cards tho.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry... meaning that the PRG would have been 2X1 as well right? If you wanted the PRG; and it is a better card IMO- don't get why you didn't get that one. Maybe I don't understand tho. That happens quite a bit.
Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

haha, no worries.  I think people can read my mind and understand what I'm thinking sometimes.

To clarify:

When you apply for a revolver with Amex, you can apply for a charge card and it will count as 1 HP. thats what I meant by 2 X 1.

with the PRG, I agree is a waaay better card.  However, the sign up bonus is at 25K points right now.  Therefore, I rather wait for the sign up bonus to be at 60K+ points (preferably 100K) since the sign up bonus is one in a lifetime now, it wouldnt make sense to me to sign up for 25K for a card I don't really need at the moment Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the new Delta Amex!

Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (11/18/20): 640 EQ 638 TU 654 EX
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.