cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta + Gold charge card

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Valued Member

Amex Delta + Gold charge card

Hello Ficoforums, I was "gardening" for a little bit but not really.

Long story short.  I apped for the Delta gold Skymiles in order to take advangage of the 50K bonus I got on my email.

I have a BCE with 1K CL since feb. last year.  Tried 3x CLI and declined.  Debt ratio was hight at that time since I was in the process of buying a home and was trying to keep as much cash as possible for closing.

Anyways.  approved for Delta with 1K SL .

In order to take advantage of the 2 X 1 I apped for the regulard Amex Gold charge card since the PRG is only @ 25K Bonus.

Any advice on the Delta card?  should I wait and try for 3X CLI, call now and talk to someone for reconsideration, or any other suggestion you guys can give me?

Credit Details:

EX = 696 according to MyFico

UTI = 25%

1 cargeoff PIF back in 2012

few lates from around that time as well.

Currently highest limit is Cap1 QS = 7,750

never late with amex BCE, multiple payments per month so I don't go over the 1K limit and currently at 0

Thanks in advance for your inputs!

\
9 REPLIES 9
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Delta + Gold charge card

Hi reyex while I don't have any advice for you I wanted to congratulate you on your approval good job! 😊
Message 2 of 10
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your double AMEX approvals!

AMEX Platinum Card- NPSL // AMEX Premier Gold Card- NPSL // Discover IT // Bank of America Travel Rewards // Chase Sapphire Preferred // AMEX Delta Platinum // Venture One // Barclays JetBlue MC // Synchrony Walmart MC // Barclays Apple Rewards // AMEX BCE // Blaze MC // BP Gas

Capital One Spark Business Visa // BP Business Solutions MC
Message 3 of 10
Valued Contributor

Congrats but the regular Gold card doesn't make much sense as the rewards on the PRG is much better. I'd recommend you do a PC!

Message 4 of 10
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Amex double dippin is funSmiley Happy Congrats, just keep workin on your util and keep trying for your 3xSmiley Happy
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
!
Message 5 of 10
Valued Member

Thank you all!!  Yes, time to go back to the garden and grow my new cards.

\
Message 6 of 10
Valued Contributor

I don't get what you mean on the "I apped for the regular gold to get the 2X1"

Congrats on the cards tho.
FICO 09 TU= 787 (Aug) EQ= 774 (Aug) EX= 801 (Aug) Favorites: Citi DC, AMEX Gold and U.S. Bank Cash+
Message 7 of 10
Valued Contributor

Sorry... meaning that the PRG would have been 2X1 as well right? If you wanted the PRG; and it is a better card IMO- don't get why you didn't get that one. Maybe I don't understand tho. That happens quite a bit.
Smiley Happy
FICO 09 TU= 787 (Aug) EQ= 774 (Aug) EX= 801 (Aug) Favorites: Citi DC, AMEX Gold and U.S. Bank Cash+
Message 8 of 10
Valued Member

haha, no worries.  I think people can read my mind and understand what I'm thinking sometimes.

To clarify:

When you apply for a revolver with Amex, you can apply for a charge card and it will count as 1 HP. thats what I meant by 2 X 1.

with the PRG, I agree is a waaay better card.  However, the sign up bonus is at 25K points right now.  Therefore, I rather wait for the sign up bonus to be at 60K+ points (preferably 100K) since the sign up bonus is one in a lifetime now, it wouldnt make sense to me to sign up for 25K for a card I don't really need at the moment Smiley Happy

\
Message 9 of 10
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the new Delta Amex!

In the garden since 5/30/17
Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (10/09/17): 730 EQ 724 TU 693 EX
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.