cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Platinum APPROVAL!

Frequent Contributor

Amex Delta Platinum APPROVAL!

Hello everyone!

First of all I'd like to thank everyone in this forum for their huge help!

Second of all I was just approved for the Delta Platinum card with 10k CL!

That pushes my TCL to 50k+!!!!!!!!!

I'm really glad that Amex loves me especially after they approved me last month for the Schwab Investor card with 15k CL!

I applied for the card after reading about their new SUB of 75k miles and 5k MQMs after 3k spending. However, I used my own referral link and found another SUB for 70k miles and 10k MQMs after 3k spending. Ofc I went with the referral SUB since the 10k MR that I'll get from the referral are worth more than the 5k miles.

DP:

I guess they used the FICO they're showing in the app: 709 EX with 20 HP

Income: ~95k

AoOA: 7 Mo

AAoA: 5 Mo

Anyone knows how the companion certificate and how Delta's status system works?

PS. I really wish I applied for the Delta Gold since the SUB is slightly less but the card has 0 AF for the first year (in total I'd be getting the same value for less spending). Also, since I usually travel with a backpack only, Amex gold gives me more points compared to this card, but I wish the companion pass will help offset the AF.

Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); Amex Green (NPSL); HH Surpass (36.6k); Amex BBP (27k); B&H Payboo (25k); HSBC Premier WMC (14.5k); HSBC Advance (7.5k); Rakuten Visa (5k); Nordstrom Store (4k); Discover It (3k); Apple Card (2.5k); Amex Everyday (1k)
Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Inquiries: EX (27); TU (31); EQ (17)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Delta Platinum APPROVAL!

sweet SL im still in limbo on a amex product im pre approved for a few of their cards but not sure i like the low SL they are showing on the pre qual site ill garden for a while...

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval and nice SL!!
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Bam!Bam!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your Delta Plat approval! Just got the card myself last month and already met the signup bonus. 

I understand what you are saying about the Gold having a lower annual fee. But, if you can make use of the companion ticket, then it is a good deal! 

"Hover mouse over cards to see CL and APR info"

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Mar 2020):EX- 689, TU- 665, EQ- 670
What's in my wallet:

On the chopping block:

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.