Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Platinum Approval

tag
scoates0
Established Member

Amex Delta Platinum Approval

This may be a long post and I apologize in advance if it is. Someone please pick me up off of the floor. I have been approved for a Delta Platinum Amex with a $10K limit. Smiley Surprised I have always wanted an Amex but never was in the position to really be approved, including now, so I thought. I have a fairly ugly credit profile. I kept getting emails from Nerd Wallet telling me that since my credit scire had improved to check for better card offers. I would check and each time it would come up with me being prequalified for all of the Delta Amex cards. I would tell myself that this was a joke because there was o way that I would be approved for an Amex. A little of mydata points:

My husband was really ill with heart problems back in late 2018 early 2019. He had to stop working and all of the bills fell on me to pay and needless to say I drowned in bills. It was a a decision between paying off credit cards or putting food on the table and keeping the lights on and the latter two won out. Because of this I had a lot of credit cards that were charged off...about 7 cards. Fast forward to Jan of 2021 where I decided no more hiding from my credit report and get this stuff done. When I started in January my credit score was 569. I had 7 charge offs and 4 collections on my credit report. I started paying them off one by one. I now have all the charge offs paid off and paid off the collections and was able to have the collections deleted. My Fico 8 scores are now Equifax 685, Experian 683, and Transunion 696. I have since gotten some decent cards with not too bad limits...for me anyway...LOL. I have been able to increase my scores with the knowledge that I have gotten from all the great people on this forum and I have a very long way to go but I am starting to see a faint light at the end of the tunnel. Below are my cards and limits:

BOA Platinum - $500 has been this way since I got the card in 2016.

Capital One Quicksilver - $4500 Started as a Platinum card with a $2500 limit in April 2021

Discover It - $2300 had this card since 2016

Discover Miles - $6000 May 2021

Southwest Rapid Rewards - $3900 Sept 2021

NFCU Platinum - $7100 Sept 2021

I am done for a very long time. I am planting myself in the garden and not moving. Smiley Happy Now to fulfill this sign up bonus. Thanks to everyone for all of their input and advice on this site. It is such a great help to all of the people like me that are just trying to get back on their feet. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex Delta Platinum Approval

Congrats on the Delta Platinum approval!!

Message 2 of 13
wingennis
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and on getting out of debt.  I hope your family is well.

Message 3 of 13
Titans84
Valued Contributor

Congrats on you AMEX Delta Platinum approval!

Current FICO 8:

Message 4 of 13
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Delta Platinum approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 13
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

Amazing on your progress and congrats on the approval!

Message 6 of 13
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 On Your Amex Delta Platinum Approval.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 7 of 13
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Amex Platinum approval 👍🏼

Message 8 of 13
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Message 9 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your Delta platinum approval!!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.