Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex, Discover, and wait for it....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex, Discover, and wait for it....

Penfed....   wait what did he say, he said Penfed.  UPDATED see below

SO... I waited for the CB to update after all payments were made in June.  Cleaned it up so I had all accounts w/balances < 68%

July 1st CB Update -

EX: 728  TU: 732  EQ: 742

DTI: 17%  UTIL: 17%

Here we go...

AMEX:  Congratulations on your Everyday Card approval!  It appears I am at the top of the Amex "Credit Steps" for prior offenders.

Approval:  2K - Of course I tried the ole CLI before the card even arrives...  Ya, No. 

July 2nd:  This is where I baulked...  Thinking Citi...  Thinking USBank...  Not enough on the ED approval to sweep anything to a 0% BT so....

I headed to familiar waters in search of the elusive BT offer I was looking for to sweep up the remaining 9600, who you say, "Discover" thats who!

Who can match 10% Cash Back 1st year....  So the CLI on the existing Disco IT CB got shot down in flames, (hoping maybe a CLI would allow a BT without a new tradeline)  then CSR asked if I still wanted to go ahead with the new app after watching the CLI go down in a blaze of glory, "Sure" I said...  Even the CSR was a little surprised and said, "ok, here we go"

Lil Boom! - Approved: 5k - I had huge hopes here since I was convinced Discover was gonna pull EQ (742), wrong, EX(728) pulled after Amex INQ...  Stoked, but still not able to accomplish the BT sweep I had dreamed of.

With a clear EQ (0 INQ) and a 742 I hit the myfico boards and what appears before  my wondering eyes...  PenFed pulls EQ exclusively....  "Great" I said with a fear of PenDread Doom raining down all over my lil "Independence Day Week Approval Parade"

July 3:  -  Channeling AJC, Saeren and those who have fallen before me, I charged to the front and hit "Apply" - "It was July 3, 2019, It was sunny in the city, a perfect day for memories"  Then the MOACC (Mother of all credit card) approvals came across my screen

KABOOM!  Instant Approval $15,000 PCR @ 17.24%   (Note:  I have had a saving account only since 2004 at PFCU)  I think that boosted me from 10k to 15K

And now I am afraid to try the sweep for "Dread" that someone will take a 2nd look and say, "whoa, hold up there lil HighCountry dude"

3 Huge steps forward, Amex (maybe she still love me) Disco still willing to dance, and somehow "threaded the dreaded needle"

Only in America!  Happy Independence Day ya'all

UPDATE:  More of a final thought...

This forum is a huge repository of wisdom and invaluable information for those trying to repair bridges once washed away.  This app spree is over. The final leg in this journey will be to pay down the BT within the 0% window and let time ease some rattled algorithms.  I use some fellow ficoers as actors in my story...  but their sacrafice for all here and to knowledge, should be recognized and noted.  I do so now, and with my noble attempt at humor.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex, Discover, and wait for it....

Congrats on your 3 for 3 approvals! Enjoy your new cards! Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 13
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

was that your fico 9 score or fico 8 , if you know

Message 3 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Great Read, enjoyed ThatSmiley Happy

"MOACC"Smiley LOL

Congrats!!, Nice Penfed SL

:

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They were FICO 8's

When everything shows up I can quote what Amex, Disco, and PF report as the scores they saw and used.

EX may have dropped a few points from the Amex INQ, cant confirm, but it was confirmed lower the next day after the 2 apps went thru.

Message 5 of 13
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

Penfed use's fico 9 EQ thats the one i was wondering about

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

my FICO 9's have been running about 15-20 points higher then my 8's.  That could have been the fuse that set that mother off!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!!
Message 8 of 13
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

my FICO 9's have been running about 15-20 points higher then my 8's.  That could have been the fuse that set that mother off!

so my 792 may be good to go

Message 9 of 13
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on he three new cards and sweet SL with PenFed!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.