Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Double Dip

tag
Saprissa2010
Established Member

Amex Double Dip

tldr: Gold Delta Skymiles, $2,000 with 50,000 miles for a $1,000 / 3-month spend and a Premier Rewards Gold Card with 50,000 points for a $1,000 / 3-month spend found on creditcards.com...ALL THANKS TO THIS FORUM! You people are great!

Hi Everyone,

Quick background: I started rebuilding in January of 2017 after about 10 years of not participating in the credit world. I was a sort of conscientous objector, you might say. LOL!

Anyway, in January I got a Discover secured card ($500) and a Capital One Platinum secured ($500). I also opend a Self Lender account at $500 to get round things out. I had no FICO score.

Used the cards, paid in full every month (sometimes multiple payments).

Capital One raised my limit to $800 last week. This morning, Discover unsecured my card and raised the limit to $1,250. Experian showed a 719 FICO, and I am at 1% utilization so I decided there was no time like the present. Amex's preapproval page showed promise, but the deals weren't *the best*, you know?

I had been yearing for the Delta Skymiles card, and I took a tip from another user who found a great offer on creditcards.com. They had three Amex deals for me: the two I got (with 50K bonuses) and a Blue Everyday card with 15,000 points. 

I started with the Delta card. That thing kept spinning and spinning and spinning! I thought it was going to stall and I'd have to start all over. Then suddenly POW! Approved! A decent starting limit, all things considered. I am over the moon!

I could never have gotten this far, this fast without the support and tips from people on this forum. I'm sincerely grateful. 

Should I garden now? This puts me at 4 this year. Should I try for a Chase Amazon card or is that pushing my luck? What about the regular Amazon Prime card? Would now be a good time or should I wait for the Amex cards to show up on my report?

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Double Dip

Congrats on the double approval and credit rebuild.  Well done

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I read "double dip" I thought you meant double CLIs.  If that was the case, it truly would have been a monumental post if you got two CLIs at the same time with Amex!

Message 3 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good job, if you want to garden all your hps together you might try for your Amazon card now, that way they grow old together lol
Message 4 of 11
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Nice job! I haven't seen those offers in a while. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Saprissa2010
Established Member

Oh, sorry for the confusion. I was referring to two accounts with one hard pull. Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 11
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Congrats!  I'm very happy you got the 50K bonus offer.  I didn't see that until I already apped for the 35K bonus offer.  Ugh.  My wife got the 50K though and I was able to get in for the PRG 50K over.  

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 7 of 11
Saprissa2010
Established Member

I really owe it to you, sdsoccerdad.

I think it was you who shared the creditcards.com tip and I thank you!
Message 8 of 11
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

@Saprissa2010 wrote:
I really owe it to you, sdsoccerdad.

I think it was you who shared the creditcards.com tip and I thank you!

Happy to help!  Glad someone was able to get the 50K bonus for the Delta GoldSmiley Happy

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the nice sign-up bonuses. I didn't even know 50k was available on the Delta card.  

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.