Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex ED Card CLI x3

tag
scarfa21
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex ED Card CLI x3

Nope, forgot once you get a CLI from amex you have to wait 180 days lol.  Got the email with denial reason.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The rule is one CLI every 180 days regardless of the number of cards you have with American Express.  They view all your cards as tied to one account.  So its unlikely you'll get a CLI on another card.

@scarfa21 wrote:

Thanks, my original CL was 2k.  I havent tried for another as of today.  I had to wait over 61 days for this first CLI.  I might try today on my other amex to see if they bite.  My score has gone up 45 points since this last post as a BK fell off, so Ill give it a shot.

Message 12 of 14
scarfa21
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The rule is one CLI every 180 days regardless of the number of cards you have with American Express.  They view all your cards as tied to one account.  So its unlikely you'll get a CLI on another card.

@scarfa21 wrote:

Thanks, my original CL was 2k.  I havent tried for another as of today.  I had to wait over 61 days for this first CLI.  I might try today on my other amex to see if they bite.  My score has gone up 45 points since this last post as a BK fell off, so Ill give it a shot.

yup lol see above Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scarfa21 wrote:

Nope, forgot once you get a CLI from amex you have to wait 180 days lol.  Got the email with denial reason.

That's suck. I a guess I am stuck with EveryDay card with low Credit limit (midnight 6/14/2018). I am planning to call them if they could give me more but I am not sure they will give me. If it is not working, I am going spend $2000 or close to $2000 and PIF every month. Then I will call them and complained why the credit limit is so small. I have nothing but good things to say about Amex since they give me the highest credit limit (after nearly 4 years). However, I am still confused about my application. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.