Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex ED approved with LOW SL and DG approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex ED approved with LOW SL and DG approved

I was approved for Amex Delta Gold few hours earlier 6/13/2018 after waiting for few seconds. The SL $2000 which is expected to be that low.
I applied again few minutes ago 6/14/2018 for Amex ED and after few seconds, they only gave me SL $2000. Is this a horrible SL? I think Amex started to hate me now. Maybe I should have apply for ED first before the Delta Gold. I wish I didn't apply for this card. It seems like my pre-approved PRG is also in danger now.

My current BCP is 1%. Few months ago, I have spend $1000-$2000 per month and I PIF or leave it to 1% on this card.
I was planning to buy an airfare ticket using the DG and PIF a day after or once the transaction is posted. Maybe I should spend $2000 on ED and PIF every month to tell Amex the SL is horrible.

My info:
Income ~84k total taxable and none-taxable
6/11/2018 - EQ 778, TU 771, EX 777
6/11/2018 - 1 NFCU refinance inq but 0+ pts (no HP) on EQ, thus EQ score remains the same at 778

4/19/2017 - Auto Loan inq on each EQ, TU, EXP

Nov 2017 - 1 mortgage inq  EQ
Feb 2018 - 1 personal loan inq on EXP

Update Today 6/14/18

6/14/2018 - 1 mortgage inq EQ

Do I need to call them for reconsideration or just use the 3X CLI? I have two new Amex approved more or less the same time does that mean I cannot request two CLIs in the future at the same day? Thank you

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex ED approved with LOW SL and DG approved

Congrats on approval

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just spoke with a Amex representative to bump up the Amex ED SL. He tried to check if he could bump the credit limit but he found out later I haven't receive the actual physical card yet so he asked me to call back to make that request later. On my Delta Gold since I still couldn't make any purchase, he expediate another Gold card so I could receive it on next Monday. I will post it right here if I could get the CLI on Amex ED SL after the activation.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! And good luck on the CLI request.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I need that. I am hoping you could fulfill your wishlist soon.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! I need that. I am hoping you could fulfill your wishlist soon.

Thanks. I am working on it. But with the Chase 5/24 rule, I am at least 2 years out from that! Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Super grats. Man people getting 2k limits and feeling like the world has ended makes me feel like I'm below average JoeSmiley Wink. With Amex it's all relative imo.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know. lol. Nah.. It is alright but weird though. I haven't apply for any new card for a few years now and mostly dealing with SP accounts. I am waiting for happy news from my mortgage and once it is done and over with, I will apply for Amex USAA and NFCU Go Rewards. 

Message 8 of 16
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Super grats. Man people getting 2k limits and feeling like the world has ended makes me feel like I'm below average JoeSmiley Wink. With Amex it's all relative imo.

+1   ( except for the part about feeling like  below average Joe )

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 16
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

Cant believe with your income and scores they are starting you out that low.  What are your other cards, ages, and limits?

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.