Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex ED approved with LOW SL and DG approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex ED approved with LOW SL and DG approved

Several 16+ years,>15+ yrs,  11+ yrs, 10+ yrs, 1x4 yrs and 1x3 yrs.. hard to type right now.. In the bathroom lol. Look at my profiles signature for the limit.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am planning to cancel the card next week once I pay a small balance on it. I have been using the temp CID to make payment in utilities. I will just stick with Amex BCP and Delta Gold. Will try to grow DG only in 61 and 181 days. Next month I will apply for the preapproved prg or platinum.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I am planning to cancel the card next week once I pay a small balance on it. I have been using the temp CID to make payment in utilities. I will just stick with Amex BCP and Delta Gold. Will try to grow DG only in 61 and 181 days. Next month I will apply for the preapproved prg or platinum.
If you are planning on getting the PRG, I would keep the ED just in case you cancel the PRG you won't lose any of your accumulated MR points. You can always just SD the ED.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the info. I am currently chatting with Amex rep to cancel the card after I submitted the small balance. Yeah, my Everyday card is horrible but like you said, I still could get the MR points and there is no annual fee. I will apply for Everyday Preferred next time and keep this card in my sock drawer. It is my own way of cancelling this card. After my mortgage is closed I will try to CLI on chase cards with HP and if there is no CLI I will cancel them too. After 16 years and only one CLI (SP at the time) on each card, this is too much. I think Credit Card companies do not like credit card members that were using SCRA before because it doesn't benefit them. I noticed after I signed for SCRA long time ago. Since then my accounts never grow and no auto CLI. I have to apply for them manually everytime. All the cards that I have fall under SCRA before except Amex cards and the Slate card (applied after they called me). Since then my SCRA-cards are pretty much dead. However, amex never give me any Auto CLI either since 2015. I know that I cannot compare my profile  with other people here since everybody is different. However, we should share some sort of similarities that's why people are posting information and discussion here to get some tips/helps, right? 

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the info. I am currently chatting with Amex rep to cancel the card after I submitted the small balance. Yeah, my Everyday card is horrible but like you said, I still could get the MR points and there is no annual fee. I will apply for Everyday Preferred next time and keep this card in my sock drawer. It is my own way of cancelling this card. After my mortgage is closed I will try to CLI on chase cards with HP and if there is no CLI I will cancel them too. After 16 years and only one CLI (SP at the time) on each card, this is too much. I think Credit Card companies do not like credit card members that were using SCRA before because it doesn't benefit them. I noticed after I signed for SCRA long time ago. Since then my accounts never grow and no auto CLI. I have to apply for them manually everytime. All the cards that I have fall under SCRA before except Amex cards and the Slate card (applied after they called me). Since then my SCRA-cards are pretty much dead. However, amex never give me any Auto CLI either since 2015. I know that I cannot compare my profile  with other people here since everybody is different. However, we should share some sort of similarities that's why people are posting information and discussion here to get some tips/helps, right? 

I am in the same boat with Cap1. I have had 2 Platinum cards with them since 2003 and I have never gotten a CLI with them. I have basically SD them. I only but a few bills on it and PIF each month. The only thing I was able to do is upgrade one to a QS1. If I can't upgrade to a QS with no AF, I may just cancel that card and replace it with one that grows. I just don't want to lose all of that history. But if it isn't doing me any good, so be it.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am in the same boat with Cap1. I have had 2 Platinum cards with them since 2003 and I have never gotten a CLI with them. I have basically SD them. I only but a few bills on it and PIF each month. The only thing I was able to do is upgrade one to a QS1. If I can't upgrade to a QS with no AF, I may just cancel that card and replace it with one that grows. I just don't want to lose all of that history. But if it isn't doing me any good, so be it.

That's my dillema with Capital One (3 cards) and Chase (3 cards).  Those accounts from these two companies are old from 10 years to 16 years old. Chase never gives me any CLI except that one time 2014. So it is hard for me to cancel them because my credit scores would take big hit. Capital One pretty much ignores me and never call me for any offer anymore. Before SCRA, I used to get auto CLI. I started at $250, $500, ~$1000. After SCRA, there is no more auto CLI or any offer. I did  receive several scam calls from India before though claiming to be Capital One representative. One good thing from Capital one is I could at least ask for CLI every once in few years with SP. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.