Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex EveryDay & BofA Cash Rewards CLIs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex EveryDay & BofA Cash Rewards CLIs

Congrats on the CLIs!!!

Do you use your both cards or are they SD?

Message 11 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very nice MaizeSmiley Happy EnjoySmiley Happy
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the CLIs!!!

Do you use your both cards or are they SD?

I actually use the BofA Cash Rewards card quite heavily, especially since you can now choose among several 3 percent reward categories.  The Amex card only sees occasional use since it only gives 2X MR points;  used mainly for non-category spend.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually use the BofA Cash Rewards card quite heavily, especially since you can now choose among several 3 percent reward categories.  The Amex card only sees occasional use since it only gives 2X MR points;  used mainly for non-category spend.

Thanks for the info. Do you let your balance report before PIF?

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The way I use my credit cards is that I typically will PIF on the either the Payment Due or Statement Close date of the current month.  I forgo the  21-25 day float period and basically use my cards as debit cards.  So, for example, I will pay my Discover card down to zero on May 5 even though the charges for April are not required to be paid until June 5. That practice gives me flexibility to chose not to pay immediately on a given month. 

But when I have a new "High Balance" I allow the card to report the entire amount even if I can pay it off.  To me, it demonstrates to the lender, or anyone else reviewing my credit report, that I genuinely need the limit(s) I have.

Message 15 of 21
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The way I use my credit cards is that I typically will PIF on the either the Payment Due or Statement Close date of the current month.  I forgo the  21-25 day float period and basically use my cards as debit cards.  So, for example, I will pay my Discover card down to zero on May 5 even though the charges for April are not required to be paid until June 5. That practice gives me flexibility to chose not to pay immediately on a given month. 

But when I have a new "High Balance" I allow the card to report the entire amount even if I can pay it off.  To me, it demonstrates to the lender, or anyone else reviewing my credit report, that I genuinely need the limit(s) I have.

LOL

You must be my twin lol, I do the same thing 100% the way you pay credit cards Smiley Happy Congratulations on the Clis

Message 16 of 21
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

Congrats @MaizeanBlue.well done my friend Smiley Wink

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 17 of 21
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on the CLIs!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 18 of 21
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous  Congrats on your increases 

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mahraja wrote:

Congrats @MaizeanBlue.well done my friend Smiley Wink

Thanks man... you and Gmood1 taught me well Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.