cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex EveryDay & BofA Cash Rewards CLIs

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex EveryDay & BofA Cash Rewards CLIs

Congrats on the CLIs!!!

 

Do you use your both cards or are they SD?








Les murs ont des oreilles .
Message 11 of 21
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex EveryDay & BofA Cash Rewards CLIs

Very nice MaizeSmiley Happy EnjoySmiley Happy
Message 12 of 21
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex EveryDay & BofA Cash Rewards CLIs


@Doigt_dor wrote:

Congrats on the CLIs!!!

 

Do you use your both cards or are they SD?



I actually use the BofA Cash Rewards card quite heavily, especially since you can now choose among several 3 percent reward categories.  The Amex card only sees occasional use since it only gives 2X MR points;  used mainly for non-category spend.





Message 13 of 21
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex EveryDay & BofA Cash Rewards CLIs


@MaizeandBlue wrote:

I actually use the BofA Cash Rewards card quite heavily, especially since you can now choose among several 3 percent reward categories.  The Amex card only sees occasional use since it only gives 2X MR points;  used mainly for non-category spend.

 

Thanks for the info. Do you let your balance report before PIF?








Les murs ont des oreilles .
Message 14 of 21
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex EveryDay & BofA Cash Rewards CLIs


@Doigt_dor wrote:

@MaizeandBlue wrote:

I actually use the BofA Cash Rewards card quite heavily, especially since you can now choose among several 3 percent reward categories.  The Amex card only sees occasional use since it only gives 2X MR points;  used mainly for non-category spend.

 

Thanks for the info. Do you let your balance report before PIF?


The way I use my credit cards is that I typically will PIF on the either the Payment Due or Statement Close date of the current month.  I forgo the  21-25 day float period and basically use my cards as debit cards.  So, for example, I will pay my Discover card down to zero on May 5 even though the charges for April are not required to be paid until June 5. That practice gives me flexibility to chose not to pay immediately on a given month. 

 

But when I have a new "High Balance" I allow the card to report the entire amount even if I can pay it off.  To me, it demonstrates to the lender, or anyone else reviewing my credit report, that I genuinely need the limit(s) I have.





Message 15 of 21
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex EveryDay & BofA Cash Rewards CLIs


@MaizeandBlue wrote:

@Doigt_dor wrote:

@MaizeandBlue wrote:

I actually use the BofA Cash Rewards card quite heavily, especially since you can now choose among several 3 percent reward categories.  The Amex card only sees occasional use since it only gives 2X MR points;  used mainly for non-category spend.

 

Thanks for the info. Do you let your balance report before PIF?


The way I use my credit cards is that I typically will PIF on the either the Payment Due or Statement Close date of the current month.  I forgo the  21-25 day float period and basically use my cards as debit cards.  So, for example, I will pay my Discover card down to zero on May 5 even though the charges for April are not required to be paid until June 5. That practice gives me flexibility to chose not to pay immediately on a given month. 

 

But when I have a new "High Balance" I allow the card to report the entire amount even if I can pay it off.  To me, it demonstrates to the lender, or anyone else reviewing my credit report, that I genuinely need the limit(s) I have.


LOL

You must be my twin lol, I do the same thing 100% the way you pay credit cards Smiley Happy Congratulations on the Clis

Message 16 of 21
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex EveryDay & BofA Cash Rewards CLIs

Congrats @MaizeanBlue.well done my friend Smiley Wink

Profile Worth 1.6M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 17 of 21
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex EveryDay & BofA Cash Rewards CLIs

Congrats on the CLIs!




F8 EQ: 804 | EX: 794 | TU: 801 | Accounts: 2/6 4/12 8/24
Happy practitioner of AZE9or10or11 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 18 of 21
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Amex EveryDay & BofA Cash Rewards CLIs

@MaizeandBlue  Congrats on your increases 

Message 19 of 21
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex EveryDay & BofA Cash Rewards CLIs


@Mahraja wrote:

Congrats @MaizeanBlue.well done my friend Smiley Wink


Thanks man... you and Gmood1 taught me well Smiley Very Happy





Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.