Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Everyday Approval - 10k!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Everyday Approval - 10k!

I've never held an Amex of my own - I am an AU on my husbands card, for the last 6 months. In the fall of 2017, I realized the importance of credit cards, and took my score from a 583 (ugh!) to its current 722 (Experian Fico). After being frustrated with my recent Chase sapphire saga (denied, recon, verification, pending, etc denied) , I jumped on a targeted 25,000 signup bonus.

After a verification phone call, I was approved for $10,000! I have a big spend of around $8500 coming up, which is why I wanted the Sapphire initially, but this is big and I may be #teamamex!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Everyday Approval!

SCREW Chase. AMEX is currently being very gracious with new approvals! Congrats.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

WTG Cuddle!
Congratulations!

Message 3 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Message 4 of 13
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your massive approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super nice approval and you also got the current best SUB offering. I call that winning!

I’m in the proverbial unliked Chase basket. For good reason because I’m a new accounts junkie but Amex digs me. So I’ve decided to throw most of my spend Amex’s way—racking up the MRs. They’ve been great to me and many others.

Congrats again. With that kind of spend and assuming your profile continues to mature in the right direction, your potential SP CLI growth with Amex is massive.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think so too! My income is over 100k a year, credit score is decent enough and i'm in great standing with Chase for the duration of my account - it's utterly ridiculous they wouldn't approve me. Amex's gain, I suppose Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice! Congrats on the nice SL! Chase's loss is AMEX's gain.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Everyday Approval - 10k!

@Anonymous wrote:

I've never held an Amex of my own - I am an AU on my husbands card, for the last 6 months. In the fall of 2017, I realized the importance of credit cards, and took my score from a 583 (ugh!) to its current 722 (Experian Fico). After being frustrated with my recent Chase sapphire saga (denied, recon, verification, pending, etc denied) , I jumped on a targeted 25,000 signup bonus.

After a verification phone call, I was approved for $10,000! I have a big spend of around $8500 coming up, which is why I wanted the Sapphire initially, but this is big and I may be #teamamex!

Super Congrats on your Amex Everyday $10,000 SL

and 25,000 signup bonus. You're off to a terrific start! Smiley Very Happy

Since this is your very first Amex card, you should also know that

Amex has a "2 for 1" offer: 1 revolver (like your Amex Everyday)

and 1 charge card (like the Amex Green or PRG) on the same hard

pull within 30 days. After a slow start, you now find yourself in a

much better position with a 722 EX FICO. So if a charge card interests

you, please know that the option is there if you so desire. Just a suggestion.

Congrats again on your new Amex card. Thanks so much for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Everyday Approval - 10k!

Congrats on your approval and excellent SL !!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.