Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Everyday Approved

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Amex Everyday Approved

Applied for Amex Everyday (online) last night around 10p EST. The wheel spun for a moment and spat out "You're application will be processed as soon as possible, and we will notify of the decision by mail within 14 days. Thank you for applying!"

Few minutes after completing the app, received email saying "We are excited that you've decided to apply for the Amex EveryDay® Card, and we're reviewing your application now. We promise to let you know when we're finished, or if we need more information. While we're reviewing your application, please don't apply for another Amex EveryDay® Card. Thank you for your interest in American Express"

This morning around 10a I called in and said I was calling in because in previous experiences my EXP fraud alert always triggered a hold on my app's and would need to go thru some verification process. Gave her my SSN and she quickly got me over to 'new applications team'. She asked to call me back (to the number on my EX fraud alert); she did ask me to reverify (name, last 4 ssn, dob) and submitted my app. She just chatted with me for about 5-6min (she ran out of things to say lol) but came back and said "I'm pleased to annouce you've been approved"

Approved $2,300, she offered overnight shipping at no cost as well. Wasn't sure what to expect from SL nor writing anyone back home about it (although i'm writing about it here lol), but considering they denied me on 10/26 and 7/15 for the same card, I'll take it.

DP's:

1) havent received the HP alert yet from EXP (or any other)

2) existing cardholder - young member (since 11/2015)

3) currently have BCP ($5k CL, 14mo Old, 20% APR, $0 bal), and PRG (NPSL, 15mo Old, PIF, $980 bal)

4) EXP 701 (from Amex site and here) as of 12/11

5) Report Details: 16 open cards (15 credit cards, 1 store), AAoA 2.9yrs, Total Card Limit = $135k, Auto Loan $32k Bal/$35k, Installment Loan $3k bal/$6k, CC DTI 1%, Total DTI 20%, EXP 22 inquries (9 in last 12mo, most recent only 2 months old), 3 new accts in 6 months, income $111k yr, 0 collection, 0 late pmts, 1 open 4yr old tax lien

I use my BCP well, but wanted to have a 2nd relover with Amex and this seemed wise since there is no annual fee and MR can be combined with my PRG. I had applied for my 3x CLI on BCP about 10min before the ED app. Got the "we've made a decision, give us a call" email. Not sure if i just applied too soon (was denied CLI about 80 days ago for 'score not high enough' -- it was 672 at that time. I'm going to call in Monday and see if they'll approve - wondering if getting this card will block it?? We'll see..Hopefully the details are helpful for someone out there. Merry Christmas! 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Isacking97
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Everyday Approved

Congrats

Starting Score:EX: 713 EQ: 698
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats thats the next card i want. And thanks for the data points.

Message 3 of 8
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approval! If you like MR points, the Everyday is a great card to have. I applied for the EDP to have a revolver earning MR points to go along with my PRG (which is my primary card). What kind of signup bonus offer did you get?
Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 4 of 8
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Isacking97 wrote:

Congrats

thanks!

Message 5 of 8
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@fullstackdev wrote:
Congrats on your approval! If you like MR points, the Everyday is a great card to have. I applied for the EDP to have a revolver earning MR points to go along with my PRG (which is my primary card). What kind of signup bonus offer did you get?

I go the 10k pts for $1k/90 days deal. I plan on getting that knocked out fairly soon. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! Happy New Year!

Message 7 of 8
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@fullstackdev wrote:

I go the 10k pts for $1k/90 days deal. I plan on getting that knocked out fairly soon. 

Nice... enjoy those bonus points!

Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.