cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Everyday Counter Offer with Amex Charge Off - Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Everyday Counter Offer with Amex Charge Off - Approved!

I am currently on my credit rebuilding journey, and yesterday, I applied for the Amex Everyday card.  I was given a counter offer that did not include the bonus offer, and it stated that my SL would be $500.  I accepted the offer and was approved!  Even though I was not able to secure the points bonus, I still got my first Amex revolving credit card.  I had a Platinum charge card with Amex that was charged off in 2015, and I was approved for the Platinum again in May 2017.  I'm just happy to be able to re-build my relationship with Amex.  I saw that I can get an automatic CLI after 5 statements, but I'm hoping that I can get my 3x increase beforehand if possible.  Feel free to provide any insight about Amex CLIs. 

My other FICO scores are TU 701 and EQ 690.  I am now officially going into the garden! 

Stats:

EX FICO: 664

Inquiries: 10

AAoA: 3 years

Utilization: 0% of 9,000

7 paid charge offs from 2015, still reporting (2 removed recently) 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Everyday Counter Offer with Amex Charge Off - Approved!

Wow!!! That's amazing and a first (that I've seen). Most have to wait an extremely long time to get back with Amex. Did you pay back the charged off amount? 

Message 2 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am currently on my credit rebuilding journey, and yesterday, I applied for the Amex Everyday card.  I was given a counter offer that did not include the bonus offer, and it stated that my SL would be $500.  I accepted the offer and was approved!  Even though I was not able to secure the points bonus, I still got my first Amex revolving credit card.  I had a Platinum charge card with Amex that was charged off in 2015, and I was approved for the Platinum again in May 2017.  I'm just happy to be able to re-build my relationship with Amex.  I saw that I can get an automatic CLI after 5 statements, but I'm hoping that I can get my 3x increase beforehand if possible.  Feel free to provide any insight about Amex CLIs. 

My other FICO scores are TU 701 and EQ 690.  I am now officially going into the garden! 

Stats:

EX FICO: 664

Inquiries: 10

AAoA: 3 years

Utilization: 0% of 9,000

7 paid charge offs from 2015, still reporting (2 removed recently) 

Congratulations on your rebuild and successfully getting back in with AmX.

On another note: To get maximum scoring, you should not have 0% UT. Let 1 card report atleast 1%, then you can pay off balance before statement closes,.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

You Devil Dog USmiley Wink

Big congrats on getting back in with AmexSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the congratulations and for the advice regarding utilization!  I will be sure to follow that advice in the future.  

I settled the Amex charge off for less than full, resulting in around $2,000 written off by Amex.

Message 5 of 7
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congratulations

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S on your approval and SL. Use it wisely and go from there. I started off on the same program as you. My line of only $3k, but that's more than I need, being that I have bigger lines elsewhere. No need to go hog wild. Enjoy your new card. Le't s meet ad go to the bar sometime - so you can give your new card some experience...Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.