cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Everyday with Pre-Approval and 3 Cli!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Everyday with Pre-Approval and 3 Cli!

Wow, it's been quite the week.

Officially out of the 600's on TU (went from 699 to 705) this week! My first 700 score in 12 years! TU was in the high 400's 16 months ago!

Today, after seeing a post last night about BoA now doing SP for CLI, I decided to pull the trigger. I had tried in December when my 99/500 secured card graduated. I was declined for the cli. The credit limit increase link was still on my online account, so I requested $3,000 and they countered with $1,600. I accepted, why not, from $500 to $1,600.

Yesterday was my 60 days with my $1,300 SL on my Amex SPG. I have 3 other Amex Cards, but all three are $1,000 (I also have the PRG with NPSL and a $10K Pay over time), so I decided to try my luck at a 3x cli on my SPG and was approved for 2x for an increase of $1,300, again, I accepted. Now it's $2,600.

I tried Disco and declined

I tried Cap 1 QS1 which is imposible and got 2-3 day notice

Then I tried my Synchrony TJX Rewards Mastercard which had a SL of $1,900. I asked for a new limit of $3,000 and instant approval. After reading another post from someone who did a double dip Synchrony cli request, I went back and tried for $5,000 and was denied, and now I am hoping on that one they didn't HP, I am pretty sure the first one was SP.

Now, that I was approved for the 2X cli on my SPG with Amex, I figured if I requested one of the other cards that I am pre-approved for on their site, that they would likely give me a limit of at least $2,600, so I decided to pull the trigger on the Everyday with the 0% on balance transfer and purchases for 15 months plus 10,000 points after the first $1,000 spend in 3 months. I may want to use the balance transfer as I am going to carry a small balance this month for the first time even thought I am below 1% Util. So thought this one would be good for me. And, I need new tires so I will use this card to do that and get my $1,000 spend in. So, I pulled the trigger and boom, instant approval with a $5K SL, my highest with Amex!

That's $8,500 in new credit and cli with all SP and I surpassed the $50K Total over all credit (think I'm now at $56K)!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Everyday with Pre-Approval and 3 Cli!

Congrats on CLI s

Message 2 of 11
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!! Way to go Smiley Happy

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 3 of 11
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Congrats! Those are some good bumps, little by little and it adds up.

Robot Very Happy

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

congratulations Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLIs!
Message 6 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome. Congrats!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mandm5698

Super Congrats on your Amex Everyday approval and CLI love!

And you accomplished all of this with soft pulls? Even sweeter!

Quick question: would you mind sharing your 99/500 approval FICO

score and which file BoA pulled? I'm apping for the same card

later this month. Many thanks in advance. Congrats again! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic credit limit increase success!!! I agree about it being even better bc you did with all soft pulls too! Congrats OP!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.