Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Gold Delta Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Gold Delta Approval!

I was doing research and debating on the Chase Southwest card and just wasn't feeling good about getting approved. 

I fly Delta more than Southwest anyway, and am planning to fly it a few times this year, so checked out my Amex prequals, and lo and behold the 50k miles bonus offer was there for me. I did lots of research, and did lots of back and forth, and decided to just try it. The waiting screen was pretty nerve wracking but it came through with a "congratulations!". 

I created my Amex account and my SL is $5k! For reference, my scores are around 670, my TLs are:

1) Quicksilver (3 years, $6k)

2) CO Auto Loan (1.9 years, $2.5k balance)

2) BOA Cash Rewards (9 mo., $1k)

3) US Bank Cash+ Sig (3 mo., $500)

My last late CC (or any TL) payment was 02/2017, and I have 2 COs from a few years ago (yikes). So needless to say I was surprised but seems that Amex is lowering standards lately! 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Gold Delta Approval!

@Anonymous wrote:

I was doing research and debating on the Chase Southwest card and just wasn't feeling good about getting approved. 

I fly Delta more than Southwest anyway, and am planning to fly it a few times this year, so checked out my Amex prequals, and lo and behold the 50k miles bonus offer was there for me. I did lots of research, and did lots of back and forth, and decided to just try it. The waiting screen was pretty nerve wracking but it came through with a "congratulations!". 

I created my Amex account and my SL is $5k! For reference, my scores are around 670, my TLs are:

1) Quicksilver (3 years, $6k)

2) CO Auto Loan (1.9 years, $2.5k balance)

2) BOA Cash Rewards (9 mo., $1k)

3) US Bank Cash+ Sig (3 mo., $500)

My last late CC (or any TL) payment was 02/2017, and I have 2 COs from a few years ago (yikes). So needless to say I was surprised but seems that Amex is lowering standards lately! 

Congrats! Decent SL. You weren’t given the dreaded 1k. Remember 3x CLI in 61 days. GL!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I will put the CLI reminder in my calendar haha. I have a CLI reminder for later this month for my BOA.

Message 3 of 9
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the card, nice SL to start with too.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and very nice SL , Welcome to AMex family !!!!!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha thank you! US Bank and BOA were much more stingy with their SL so I was pleasantly surprised with Amex
Message 6 of 9
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations 👏🏾 Welcome to the Fam 👌🏾
Message 8 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats!  That card will save you a bit of cash on your flights due to the free bags, so great choice going for it now.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.