cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Gold Delta Skymiles......Approved!!

tag
alain4957
Regular Contributor

Amex Gold Delta Skymiles......Approved!!

Long time reader here! Just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone for the information on these forums! I finally got approved for my first Amex after rebuilding for 6 months ! I have lowered all my cards Utilization which gave me a huge boost in credit score. 

Amex pulled my Experian and it was at 651.

Glad I’m in with Amex!!

Amex Plat (NPSL) | Amex Business Gold (NPSL) | Apple Card 10k | Discover IT 12.5k | Sapphire Reserve 35k | BofA PR Elite 45k | NFCU Flagship 44k | USB Altitude Reserve 20k |

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Gold Delta Skymiles......Approved!!

Welcome!! And congrats on the approval from AmEx! I'm sure it feels good to see your hard work pay off!!!!

Message 2 of 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your approval and rebuild so far

Message 3 of 10
alain4957
Regular Contributor

Thank you so much! I’m going to use this to keep building my credit score and maybe end of the year try to get the gold card for dinners and for Groceries.

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome!! And congrats on the approval from AmEx! I'm sure it feels good to see your hard work pay off!!!!

Amex Plat (NPSL) | Amex Business Gold (NPSL) | Apple Card 10k | Discover IT 12.5k | Sapphire Reserve 35k | BofA PR Elite 45k | NFCU Flagship 44k | USB Altitude Reserve 20k |

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@alain4957 wrote:

Thank you so much! I’m going to use this to keep building my credit score and maybe end of the year try to get the gold card for dinners and for Groceries.

@Anonymous wrote:

@alain4957 That sounds like a really good plan!!! I think you're really going to enjoy doing business with them. I like AmEX even though I am only an authorized user right now. But, my experience has been great with them so far. Plan to join the family on my own next month with the Delta Plat and then the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant. 

Message 5 of 10
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@alain4957 wrote:

Long time reader here! Just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone for the information on these forums! I finally got approved for my first Amex after rebuilding for 6 months ! I have lowered all my cards Utilization which gave me a huge boost in credit score. 

Glad I’m in with Amex!!

Welcome Alain4957 welcome and congrats!!!  Curious as to the limit you were extended? 

Message 6 of 10
alain4957
Regular Contributor

@Cred4All wrote:

@alain4957 wrote:

Glad I’m in with Amex!!

Welcome Alain4957 welcome and congrats!!!  Curious as to the limit you were extended? 

They gave me 2k limit.... I have a Bank of America card with $3200 limit so not sure if that helped me get a higher limit with them.

Message 7 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your new card 

Message 8 of 10
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new AmEx and great job on the 6-month rebuild. Keep up the momentum!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on scoring with AMEX!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.