Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Gold Skymiles and Disco

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Gold Skymiles and Disco

New to the site, knew nothing about getting my credit rebuilt or even going. Learned a lot just browsing this site the last few weeks. 

I have had a CAP1 QS1 CC for 18 months. Starting CL was 1000, recently CLI to 2200. I haven't really seen any real movement on my credit using it. I use it and immediately pay it off, very rarely hold a balance when it posts to my CR.

Upon browsing here I decided to hit up Amex, the holy grail card to us who grew up with nothing and got approved for the Gold Delta Skymiles card with a CL of 1000. Baby steps. 

Also decided to grab a Discover card, it also has a CL of 1000.

Now I can start my way of paying 2 to 0 and leaving a small balance on one of the cards to see what that does with my credit. 

FICO scores are EQ-620 TU-615 EX-646 as of this second. 

I do have some missed payments in my student loans. While they were in deferment, Navient reported them late. I have disputed and because I moved and got a divorce and could not tell you where any of the paperwork is from that agreement, when I dispute it just comes back that Navient is correct. 

I paid off 3 charge offs without trying to settle, but I didn't know about doing PFD, so the GW letters leave the mailbox ASAP. One of those is an old Cap1 card I paid 347 to pay it off, Nationwide (switched insurances, they didnt cancel me when i called, i refused to pay, finally paid for 126) and PPL light bill for 490. The last one probably wont do a GW adjustment, they are very rude on the phone and like to laugh and hang up on you. 

Sorry for the winded first post, but even guys who have sub-par scores and trying to get them back up can get decent cards over time. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex Gold Skymiles and Disco

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 2 of 15
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats x2 !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 15
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats for your approval!

Message 5 of 15
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals! You'll get there. Just keep reading and implement what you learn. 

Message 6 of 15
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Congrats on adding two AWESOME cards to your lineup, and good luck on your GW campaign!  

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 7 of 15
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 9 of 15
NimbusIII
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

New to the site, knew nothing about getting my credit rebuilt or even going. Learned a lot just browsing this site the last few weeks. 

I have had a CAP1 QS1 CC for 18 months. Starting CL was 1000, recently CLI to 2200. I haven't really seen any real movement on my credit using it. I use it and immediately pay it off, very rarely hold a balance when it posts to my CR.

Upon browsing here I decided to hit up Amex, the holy grail card to us who grew up with nothing and got approved for the Gold Delta Skymiles card with a CL of 1000. Baby steps. 

Also decided to grab a Discover card, it also has a CL of 1000.

Now I can start my way of paying 2 to 0 and leaving a small balance on one of the cards to see what that does with my credit. 

FICO scores are EQ-620 TU-615 EX-646 as of this second. 

I do have some missed payments in my student loans. While they were in deferment, Navient reported them late. I have disputed and because I moved and got a divorce and could not tell you where any of the paperwork is from that agreement, when I dispute it just comes back that Navient is correct. 

I paid off 3 charge offs without trying to settle, but I didn't know about doing PFD, so the GW letters leave the mailbox ASAP. One of those is an old Cap1 card I paid 347 to pay it off, Nationwide (switched insurances, they didnt cancel me when i called, i refused to pay, finally paid for 126) and PPL light bill for 490. The last one probably wont do a GW adjustment, they are very rude on the phone and like to laugh and hang up on you. 

Sorry for the winded first post, but even guys who have sub-par scores and trying to get them back up can get decent cards over time. 

First, congratulations!  Second, none of us came out of the whom having perfect credit and if we are here in this forum it is most likely for a reason, either to help, be helped, learn or all of the above! If you haven't run into some kind of credit "issues" you just haven't lived long enough. 

“The man who says he can, and the man who says he can not… Are both correct.”
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.