Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Gold and Platinum Approved!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Gold and Platinum Approved!!!

Hello all

yesterday was an awesome day for me!!!  I've spend the last 18 months improving my credit.   Last year I got a bunch of store cards (mistake), a cap one plat, and discover it.  This year I closed on my first home and got the Amex ED at the end of March, was denied for Amex gold charge shortly after.  Reason was too low of a limit on my lowest limit card (open sky $200, only keeping it open for account age).  Yesterday morning got an email saying I got the SUB for my ED card (ran $8000 through it).  Logged into my Amex account and saw I was pre approved for every Amex card.  This is another DP showing that you don't necessarily have to wait 3 months to get your second Amex card.  Also, I though it'd be atleast 2 statements before I got my SUB as a new Amex customer.  I also applied for the BBP but was denied for short account history.  My EX score is 703. Either way, I'm a very very happy camper right now.  I was able to get the 75k and 50k SUB via incognito.  Seeing as Meijer codes as grocery unlike target and wallyworld, I'll have 200k+ points in no time 😎.   Y'all have a great day!!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
nyuphoto
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Gold and Platinum Approved!!!

Congtats on your approval!!

Cards (In order of approval) TCL: 137k

Chase Home Mortgage 402k 3.25% 30yr | 10/2021 | AU  
App’d for my first CC in April 2020, hoping for a 3k SL… Anyone can turn their credit around.
Message 2 of 24
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals @Anonymous

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard work and patience always pays off. Congratulations on your approvals!! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 24
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!

Message 6 of 24
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!!

Message 7 of 24
MoneyMa
Established Member

Congratulations on  your approvals!  That's awesome news!!

Heart

Message 8 of 24
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats!   While Amex doesn't typically report new accounts to the credit bureaus until the 2nd statement, Welcome Offers are almost always given the next business day after the spending requirement has been reached, particularly for MR-earning cards.

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.