cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Gold and Platinum approval must read!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Gold and Platinum approval must read!!

Hi!! Just joined and am a first time poster but I had to share!! Hopefully Im posting this in the right place. Heres my story:

I was a amex gold member since 06 and was invited to platinum status a few years later. Had a good credit history fico consistently in the low 700s. Fast forward to june 2016 I fell on a hard couple of months ran up a balance of $8000 and even though it was a pay over time option, I could not afford the min payment due but i did pay at least $500 monthly but it was not enough monthly so my account was cancelled in Nov of 2016. In Jan 2017 I got back on my feet and started to chip away at the balance and was able to pay it in full last week. I really valued my Amex and was now on a mission to get it back!! I emailed the chairman office with my story and asked if my 120 late payment can be removed and if I can be considered for a new account. I sent the email the same day I paid the account in full. That was last Wed.

A few days later, last Sat, I applied for the gold card and was denied due to having a cancelled account with Amex. I did this purposely as I needed a reason to contact the Amex Credit Bureau. I faxed the Amex Credit Bureau the letter I emailed to the executive office and I added that I had just applied for and was denied for the gold card and requested reconsideration and for good measure I emailed the executive office again with this updated info.

Fast forward to yesterday and I get an email saying I was approved for the gold card!! Yippy!! So at this point I wasnt sure if the executive office made the decision or if it was my fax to the credit bureau as I had not received a reply from either office, just the approval email. So in reading this forum I read a lot of people were approved for an additonal amex card days within applying and getting approved for another and it would count as only one hard pull on your credit. So today I said YOLO and applied for the platinum card and was approved!! So now I have a gold and platinum Amex!! I really just wanted the platinum but I figured with my history I would have to start smaller. So who knows if i would have just applied for the platinum card if I would of had the same results🤷🏾‍♀️

And it gets better. So a little while ago (about an hour ago) I received an email from the CEOs executive assistant saying my email was received and was forwarded to the credit bureau and she would tru her best to assist me. So now Im thinking it was my fax to the credit bureau not my email to the executive office that worked since I just got the reply today and the cards were approved prior. Who knows. So now I wait to see if the late payments were removed from my old account. Hopefully it is in the next few months as I heard Amex is slow at reporting to the bureaus.

But how awesome is this!! I just took a leap of faith and kept it real in my letter and asked for forgiveness and reconsideration and it worked!! I. Had nothing to lose!!

And for those wondering my fico scores currently range from. 600 to 685. There are some errors that were discovered on my reports that were the fault of the credit card companies and they took ownership and agreed to correct them so Im waiting for a huge boost once those errors are removed in the next few weeks. So if Amex removes that 120 day late payment I will have a perfect payment history across all cards!!

I know this was a long read but I hope it helps someone!!

chairmansoffice@aexp.com- the email address for the chairmans office

Amex credit bureau fax# - I can provide that if anyone wants it just have to locate it. I faxed it through a free app and it didnt save the number but I did find the number online.
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Gold and Platinum approval must read!!

First let me welcome you this forum , second congrats on your approvals , very nice recon bud !!

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!! I just poured my heart out and pleaded for the person who reads it to help me reclaim my financial freedom and it worked.
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals!Smiley Very Happy Thanks for the successful info data point!Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!! ☺️
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll take a good news story any day.  Congrats on your success.  I'm also happy circumstances have turned around for you.  Welcome to the boards!

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!! Happy to be here!!
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gettingittogether2

First of all, Welcome to the Forum! Smiley Very Happy

Second, Super Congrats on your Amex Gold and Platinum card

approvals! I found your story to be very inspiring and uplifting! Smiley Very Happy

I'm thrilled that you read and acted on the Amex "2 for1" option,

but most people have chosen 1 charge card and 1 revolver on the same

hard pull within 30 days. You were approved for the Gold and Platinum,

so it's nice to know that Amex gave you the choice for 2 charge cards.

You may also want to keep in mind that forum members have reported

being approved for 2 revolvers and 1 charge card within 90 days. So if

you take good care of your Gold and Platinum for 2 statement cycles, you may

be in a position to get an Amex revolver if you so choose. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for including the Amex email address. No doubt someone

else here in the forum will run into a similar problem, so sharing this

valuable info is greatly appreciated. Congrats once again on your success

and your persistence. Thanks so much for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

P.S. By Amex Gold, I'm assuming you mean the Premier Rewards Gold.

Please correct me if I"m wrong...

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!! I will definitely keep that in mind about the revolving account!! And yes it the gold premier card🤦🏾‍♀️Sorry I wasnt clear!!
Message 9 of 23
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations, what a great success!

tumblr_pcsmv4WiTV1sokgbpo1_400.gif

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.