Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Gold with HP

tag
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Amex Gold with HP

Just posting this as a reference since most approvals are SP. 

A few minutes before applying for the Amex Gold, I requested a CLI on the BBP. Went from $10k SL to $30k. Initial approval was about 2 months ago. Prior to getting the CLI, all other cards were pre-approved. Right after the CLI, the language on all changed to "expand your membership..." I was still hoping for a SP approval, but got a HP. Immediate alert on EX app. Lost a whopping 2 points Smiley LOL

Applied for the Gold for a couple of reasons, Citi Prestige is getting hit hard with all the benefit cuts coming in September. I knew about the 4NF nerf, but now Citi is removing all the travel protections, purchase protections, etc. Someone at Citi went on a total rampage. I'm not sure I'll keep the Prestige anymore.

Second reason, and I hate to admit it, but I wanted to the Rose Gold card. I didn't get it the first time around because I was happy with my lineup. Forgive me MF for I've sinned... I forwent the 50k MRs for the 40k referral to get it Smiley Frustrated I suppose I could've requested a switch after getting the regular gold, but I was weak and lazy. I'll pretend I didn't know about incognito and my offer was 35k MRs. Smiley Embarassed

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
tbque
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Gold with HP

Congrats on the new AmEx Rose Gold, awesome!

Message 2 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your Approval.

Message 3 of 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The temptation of that card is real around here lol. In any case congrats on finding a suitable replacement of the Prestige card with your new Rose Gold!

Message 4 of 8
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

The temptation of that card is real around here lol. In any case congrats on finding a suitable replacement of the Prestige card with your new Rose Gold!

Haha. Sorry, I succumbed to temptation and let my shallow self get the best of me. Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

A HP is a small price to pay for a great card. Congrats on getting approved!
Message 6 of 8
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
A HP is a small price to pay for a great card. Congrats on getting approved!

Yup. Thanks! No complaints. Amex did give me a $20k CLI a few minutes before on another card too. I kinda suspected they'd HP the new app.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new Amex Rose Gold approval and Amex BBP CLI!Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.