Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Hilton Aspire $18k CLI

@AverageJoe1970 wrote:

What's so great about this card?

@Cred4All wrote:

... use the Aspire heavily.

Hi AverageJoe1970!

I think the prestige of the card is in the eye of the beholder.  I travel often so it just earns a pretty rapid amount of points at Hilton brand hotels.  Compared to the pretty big line-up in AMEX's portfolio, there may be 5 other cards better to someone than this, or this could be it.  For me, this card is used pretty heavily which likely contributed to the growth rate. If I was more focused on gas, cashback, category spend, or only US based hotel stays for example this likely wouldn't be on the radar.

Specifically though in lame mans terms about why I think it's great, and I'll rank based on my interest/needs:

1.  Diamond status - Internationally this has been a game changer (Makes the US look like stingy scrooges)
  2.  Airline Fee Credit - $250 I already used and abused this (Although the 'no gift card' enforcement has hit)
  3.  Hilton family $250 resort credit (And $100 Conrad/Waldor credit) - Had a pricey trip to the Conrad FLL and this was a nice surprise as it paid for 2 meals.
  4. Free night award - This will be helping with the Maldives stay!
  5.  150k Welcome Offer - Depending on how you value your Hilton visits and points, this 150k can quickly triple based on the required spend for the SUB and subsequent purchases.
  6.  Priority Pass - Not a big dea as the Amex Platinum and Chase CSR have it as well.

Message 11 of 17
AverageJoe1970
Contributor

Those are great perks!!! 

Wasn't always this way. Lessons learned.
Scores: Exp838 || Tu840 || Equ839
Credit Card Collection: Chase Sapphire Reserve 48K || Chase United 43K || Barclays Apple 39K || AMEX CASH 37K || BOA CASH 35K || Apple 25K || FNB AMEX 20K || Chase Amazon 15K ||
Utilization: >1%
Message 12 of 17
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on you CLI!!!

Message 13 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoe1970 wrote:
"What's so great about this card?"

Those are great perks!!! 

And pictures paint a 1000 words ..Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 17
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

To me, this is like the Hilton Platinum card without the word Platinum.

I can't wait to get mine next month thru a referral from my Dad so he can collect the 20k points.
Message 15 of 17
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Yes with Diamond they will kick Peons out of the hotel if they are sold out so that the Diamond member can get a room.

If suites are available, you get upgraded (I once was gold and took advantage of this a lot, now I am just silver)

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.